Keyword

TOPIC:

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 1 day ago #78177

Here is the current state of my rebuilt Hirobos...

Now it is time to take care of the others. I'm not building my Hunter Prototype, because I do not want to start until it has a bodyshell.
From all the parts I have, there is room to rebuild a 44B Hilux, and I have a bunch of parts that could allow me to rebuild a 44B LWB chassis, with some little adjustments (there will be probably missing transmission components, but I'll know only when the 44B Hilux will be rebuilt). But since I want this 44B Hilux to run, I intend to print all the suspension components and gearbox walls... And for this, I'll use the same principle as done for the front gearbox wall which was a proof of concept: the idea is basically to add elements to the parts to sit them on the bed with proper orientation and to print them with tree supports (no slicer likes when you don't have any surface on the part to stay on, and that's what I'm trying to solve here...).

And then this will go within the slicer with tree support, and finally, I'll be able to launch a print...

I got all the suspension parts together for both the Zerda and 44B chassis, parted in Common parts, 44B parts, and Zerda parts, and I'll print at least the two firsts plate. And those will be printed in black PETG for the time being (have nothing red except PLA, so I will have to order some red filament, but not sure yet what I can find - no emergency anyway, I want to see how PETG will resist in run for another project).
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 1 day ago #78180

First plate printed...

A bit of support removal and parts are good to go. Only the bottom of the arms are not that nice on the middle bar, but I paid attention to do two symetric parts while it is not required except for this exact reason : finish. Everything else came out perfectly...

I slightly modified the right part that goes around the motor to take into account the size of the current motor cages. I'm lauching the 44B specific parts print right away...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 1 day ago #78183

Second plate is as good as the first one...

And the parts are definitely usable... With the same issue as the first plate for the suspension arms, but as I made a symmetry, the top side is good on both arms when positioned for right and left...

And as I needed additional datapoints, I also printed the third plate for the Zerda, and the result is basically the same...

Same results for the parts...

And just to state the obvious here, the parts are not perfect, and may not do the job for shelf purpose, but to run a car this will be perfect...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 2 weeks 19 hours ago #78184

I did search my Hirobo stuff to understand how many cars I could rebuild. The Hilux 44B came complete except the bumper, so the transmission was complete. So there will be at least one. Looking at my stuff, I'm already sure I'm missing two complete diffs, out drives and dog bones for a lonw wheel base chassis. For the rest, it should be fine at the exception of the screws and other hardware...

While searching the elements, I found the number plate of the Zerda, so it was the perfect moment to put them on (before I forget to do this)...

There is not much room to put stickers on this car, and there is too much conflicting sponsors on the stickers sheet anyway, so I used only few... At the end, the number plate are making the ensemble more balanced, but there is still something disturbing me when I look at this car. May be the rear wheel need to be larger...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 3 days 17 hours ago #78254

Some of my topics have no end :-)
I have this body in my radar for quite a long time, and a friend have one, and proposed it to me with a 44B chassis and a Rock'n City box (in which he put the chassis and the Lancia bodyshell). We discussed this few months ago, as he wanted to separate from some of his cars to make room for others... It obviously had a cost, but I really like this bodyshell. And it comes with an original set of stickers...

And the box is a nice addition, although its state show its age...

That said the bodyshell is missing to elements : the search lights ramp at the front, and the wing at the rear. I'll try to do something about this. And I already contacted my friend who reproduced the 44B Hilux bodyshell, and it seems he is interested to reproduce it (By the way, he confirmed me he's doing this in a non destructive manner and should be able to do it for this Lancia, and by the way he needs to send me my Hilux body back)...
(and If ever you have the two missing items unused in your stash, you may contact me)

Hirobo 44Bs and Zerda :) 3 days 15 hours ago #78261

The 037 is awesome. I have the ta03 Tamiya version . And it is impressive. 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.