Keyword

TOPIC:

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 5 days ago #78302

And sometime later...

Then later again... I used Metallic blue (TS-19) 

I'll let that cure for 24 hours at least before going for the details...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, AndyAus, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 5 days ago #78303

Super wheelie bodies are very much detailed.... And they take forever to paint... I've used some tape to mask around the seats on both white cars to apply brown and it's difficult for many reasons, with a risk of overspray somewhere where it was not properly masked. I could have gone the pencil route, but I do not have much paint for this... At least the seats are done... Not sure what I will do with the rest.

In the meantime, I've set a mask to ease the work on the Mitsubishi body, and launched a print. I know this works as this is approach I took to mask a part of the body I did not want to paint earlier on with the Nylon PA12 MJF body...

The print is in progress, and I should be in situation to do the paint tomorrow...
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 5 days ago #78304

While I was printing the masks for the Mitsubishi and the Big Bear body is curing, I've done some work on the CJ-7 dashboard, with some masking for the brown part and with some paint markers for the rest... It's difficult to get it right are marking are very small...

Then the masks were printed and it was time to deal with the Mitsubishi body...

And here is the result following this approach...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 4 days ago #78306

The work continues...
Details added to the Mitsubishi at front and rear end...

The plan is to let this cure, apply the stickers and then the clear coat...

While it cures, I moved a bit on the CJ-7... I applied details here and there earlier... And applied the stickers. While the bodyshell is an original one, the stickers are not, they have been supplied by my friend Johann, and the gold is great. His trick is to print on a Gold vinyle, which is much better. But it turns difficult to apply the Golden Eagle are each letter is a separate sticker... I used a transfer sheet, but the L are really difficult to get right...

And once I applied the stickers, I noticed that I forgot to take care of the extensions... I masked using liner, and used a paint marker. I still need to do the left side, and then glue the dahsboard in place before applying the clear coat... But it already looks great...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, EddyCH

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 4 days ago #78307

Progress update...

Here is the Toyota bodyshell... I don't have the stickers yet, so the clear coat will have to wait... (for those curious about it, this is the body which is on the pictures when I started this project/thread). Beside the stickers, everything is ready for the clear coat...

I also started to detail the Big Bear body... I will need to find some paint markers of specific colors to finish it (I decided to limit the masking, as the I'm running out of large tape).
I will post pictures when there will be more progress on it...

Here is the current state on the 4 Super Wheelie bodies :

- CJ-7 : ready for clear coat
- Toyota : stickers are missing, but will be ready for clear coat right when I get them
- CJ-7 Barbamama : clear coat is applied. The driver figure is on the way, probably later this week
- Mitsubishi Jeep : added black on the extensions at the rear, and it is ready for sticker application, I'll do it tonight or tomorrow morning, and clear coat will follow...

Next set of activities : driver figure. I know that I have 2 complete ones and an incomplete one, worst case scenario, I may have to reprint another one...

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 4 days ago #78308

The white cj is my favourite and I begin to regret mine.

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 3 days ago #78316

The bodyshells being now ready to be completed, I'm moving to driver figures and accessories

First topic is the Roll cages: they won't be a problem as I got some spare, in addition to one full original set and the possiblity to reuse some of the parts coming on complete car. I'll probably make use of a full printed roll cage on one of the cars ( my daughter's car will get this for the single reason this car is meant to run).

Second topic is the driver figures : I have one complete driver I removed the paint and ready to paint. Another one new unassembled and complete. Beside this I have 2 driver missing their heads and a unassembled one missing the rear part of the head... I was ready to print a few driver figures from the scan but resin is dead and I'll have to wait the new bottle of resin... At least for the time being, I can do 2 cars (the Golden Eagle White and the Toyota), and a Barbamama figure will get in my daughter's car. For the Mitsubishi, i'm going to try to complete the unassembled driver with modelling the rear part of the helmet : it may be doable let's see...

On the chassis side, I have normally everything to complete 3 chassis, and I have one already assembled. However, I do have the intention of doing something special with at least one chassis : I ordered SLS white printed arms and wheelie bar and some pink dye for Barbamama :)

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 3 days ago #78317

I started to work out a CAD model of the driver head rear part... It's fairly simple to do. I used some arcs and a revolve and boom, it's done. 

This means I can make use of the unassembled driver figure where the rear part of the head was missing...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 2 days ago #78318

Some time later...

Helmet front worked out...

I was thinking about using the scan to do the magic, but it won't work, as the definition is really to bad, so there is still hard work to finish a driver figure head look alike...

I opted for the total cheat option, right now and made a visor to hide the empty helmet :-)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Again another Marui project : Super Wheelie and Big Bear! 1 week 2 days ago #78322

And here is some helmets...

Someone on another forum said that with the visor, that looks like The Stig :-)

All of this needs to go for paint next before I put the helmets in place...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.