Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27916

HI!... Had the day off today and went out to the LHS. If u want to call it that. It's 45 minutes away. Anyway there are two hobby shops in that town. Apparently one is closing for good. Been around almost 40 years. The original owner passed away last year and the grand daughter took it over. Now she's got married and has no time so their closing it and selling everything off at 50-75% off the sticker prices. Or u can barter with them. So I went in there today. Was 2nd guy waiting at the door. Most people waiting outside were all older guys 60+. We got in they all went over to the glue together model kits and trains. I ran straight to the RC section. lol! I stopped and took a glance around. What do I see on the floor in the corner? A really good condition original Tamiya Holiday Buggy. Looked complete. Snatched that up right away. Then over in another corner I see a plain brown cardboard box. No one was giving it a 2nd thought. But I spotted something. What looked like a original Tamiya BigWig front bumper still in the package. I grab that and start fishing through the box. It's just full of NIP Tamiya black spru's. Mostly BigWig parts, front "A" arm, gear box halves. So I grab that. I go up to the counter and ask her how much she wants for all of that? She says "$40 will do" Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Then as my usual luck, I go for my wallet and guess what? Left it at home when I changed clothes to go out there. :angry: NP she is holding all the parts for me till Saturday and I'm getting a private viewing of the store to pick over things. Technically the store is closed. She said there was still more vintage stuff in the back she never bothered to bring out in the front. So I get free range to look over it. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post of pics of what I get on Saturday.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27917

Nice HP :woohoo:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27926

nice when people clean out their stock. :)

Anybody interrested in the M05 d-parts 51392?

Last edit: by waterbok.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27927

Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27928

HI!... O.k, just got back from the local hobby shop closing sale. Got a crap load of stuff. Mind you the store has been pretty picked over but I was allowed to go into some back rooms. Got everything below for $100 Cash including the 1980 Tamiya Holiday buggy. :woohoo:

1st off hot the BigWig jackpot :

Got a few motors :

Some electronic, battery's :

Some tires/rims :

Traxxas spool ;

Random parts :

Tamiya part spru's :

Unknown front bumper?????

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27929

HI!... O.k here's the 1980 Tamiya Holiday buggy I got also in that group deal. It looks all original. Most everything is there as far as I can tell minus the servo's/receiver/battery. Still has the original 380 motor and MSC. Bodies in pretty good shape. Think I'm going to strip the decals off and sand and re-paint it. Gears in the open gearbox seem fine, just dirty from the car sitting so long. I believe this car has been sitting on a shelf for over 25 years. The chassis has a small crack on the right side and the piece is flared out a bit. Looks like someone hit something head on at a good speed. Going to heat of the bend with the heat gun and bend it back in place. Then C/A glue it. Looks like it's only been driven maybe 20 times or so. As usual this one will get a full restoration and be put on the shelf.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27933

Mmmmm Bargains!
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27934

Judging by the mounting hole layout I'm guessing and upgrade for the Audi/Opel/Brat/Frog or extra protection for the Lancia?

And these are Striker parts....

Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27935

HI!... Guys over at RC10talk say it's a Kydex bumper for the Frog & Grasshopper and either sold by CRP or RCH.

Already knew the one parts sprue was for a striker, others are for Bigwig, Fox, and Hotshot.

Does anyone know what this sprue is for? (Pretty sure it's for a Tamiya Thundershot)

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 years 1 month ago #27937

Nice score on the Bigwig parts :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.