Keyword

TOPIC:

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 11 months ago #28955

Like it!
If you got cunning...

Interesting idea! ...

I don't know, I'd be careful about adopting that sort of attitude, cunning is the sort of thing that can stay with you. Months or even years from now you could be walking down the street, minding you own business, and bam! You realise you're still cunning.

That's right: cunning lingers.

:whistle:

Oh ha ha Johnny ooo ha ha, well done :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 10 months ago #28959

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
:blink: :lol:

Gonna try with some 3mm threaded rod, a lock nut on each side and wider washers with a rubber ring glued to it, that'll protect the rim as well. Same washers I use for supporting the front of the F40 shell.
Anyway, that'll make it easier to center the rim (I can prefasten it). Before I had to do that while it was on the drill already.

Different bits to clamp down the wheel so it can be mounted in the drill :

The pair I found before they were treated :

And after :

:cheer:

Last edit: by Edou.

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 10 months ago #28967

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
What to do? I have a pair of Tamiya rear foams in very good condition left. But only front rims.
Should I keep them for later or make them smaller, put them on the front and give them the truing treatment...
I would have a second pair of wheels that way.

:unsure:

I've used the same drill tower setup to clean up those front rims by the way (with the drill upside down this time).
There's no tyres on them but they were horrible to start with...
Already gave them a manual resto but this mechanised way makes them look pretty much new.

:)

Picture of the updated state is to follow...

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 10 months ago #28981

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Still contemplating on whether to narrow the rear tyres... but I think I will do so (later, it is raining now anyway).
The drill tower refurbished rims :

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 10 months ago #28991

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
I'll try and drive with the tyres as they are first but most likely the edges (between tread and side wall) will have to be trimmed to an angle of about 35-45 degrees (where they are perpendicular now). Apparently it is better if the tyres can 'roll' a bit.

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 10 months ago #29002

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Ouch.

I must have strangely miscalculated the needed width. :unsure:
Thought I kept more than enough margin but I seemed to have only just gotten away with it...
Mounted on the rim already - now waiting on some better weather to true the sides.
You really don't want to do that in the house.

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 10 months ago #29004

:P On all my Group C and F103RS, tires are smaller than rims especially on the front.
My williams Renault has only 1 run 100m and tires were treated by a Trinity liquid sent for the street spec. They are always nice.

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 10 months ago #29005

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Good gripper would be nice but WD-40 is a pretty cool alternative. Really makes them come alive. :)
Smaller tread tyres are probably better for cornering but I kinda like the look of the full width foam...
Pictures of the whole car will be coming soon (it's pretty awesome and very lightweight, you can balance it on your pinky)!

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 10 months ago #29006

:blink: I never see any difference with or without treatment. Only a bad odour, beurky wheeles and matters on the body paint due to the liquid........ Honnestly I have not the adequat ground around me and I am a so good pilot that I am just able to make donuts with my F103s :blush:

Blue racing F103 GT-One 9 years 10 months ago #29007

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Dude, try putting some of the WD nectar on foams... works a treat, it makes them stick to the ceiling. :silly:
Besides that, after you wipe them off nothing should 'contaminate' the chassis or shell.

I have had the same experience with the C11 when I drove it. No handling at all :

Will have to see what a powerful motor does with this one (higher hopes than the video above at least).

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.