Keyword

TOPIC:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18455

Investing 30 bucks or so in a ultrasonic cleaner would also be a good thing. :y:
Gotta do that myself when I get the chance, but many guys here have one...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18465

I do like my ultrasonic tank - mainly beacuse it lets you clean things while doing something else at the same time, rather than having to give part full attention, it'll also get off the aluminium pinion residue if you let in run long enough.

I use a lot of washing up detergent (fairy liquid) in water in mine, then extract the bits & dunk them in fresh water before drying. I have used seaweed extract cleaners too, which is more effective on the brass bits.

One thing you really need (but don't get in the kit) is a big syringe to suck the dirty water out - they don't pour out easilty or tidily :S

:)

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18469

But the ultrasonic cleaner also need some special fluid, or can i use water?
But for first, i'll use WD40 to clean up the screws. I have to count them. There are many not original screws...

waterbok, do you know the monstertruck hop-up to stabilize the front shock tower? It is easy to rebuild with some rods.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18470

I just use water (+ detergent). I don't think using a solvent would be a good idea, all that buzzing causes the temperature to go up.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18472

Is it might be possible to include the antenna into the frame of the body? As i know, a antenna is working better as an area/circle and not as a line. I think it would be a nice test for checking range of the car. For those fun cars, i think it won't be a big issue as it could be for racing/runner.
Otherwise, i have to build up a scaled CB-Antenna on the truck ;)

PS: Body is ordered! I've bought Blackfoot III Parts (the same as the vintage) and the Super Blackfoot Rollbar - shiny ;)

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18474

Is it might be possible to include the antenna into the frame of the body? As i know, a antenna is working better as an area/circle and not as a line. I think it would be a nice test for checking range of the car. For those fun cars, i think it won't be a big issue as it could be for racing/runner.
Otherwise, i have to build up a scaled CB-Antenna on the truck ;)

Not for 27mhz & 40mhz RC car antennas at least - they are designed to have a set length of wire, and the greatest possible distance vertically between the reciever & the tip of the antenna wire. Doing anything else will drastically reduce the range & the chances of interference.

If you want a short antenna on the car you'll have to go 2.5ghz - they are usually short enough to fit within the body.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: funkindemup

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18475

I have to buy a new remote, because i need more channels to switch the lights on/off :)
Also for the buggy i need the 2,5 'cause of the quarz problem at places where many r/c cars are driving.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18476

Oops, I meant 2.4Ghz :blush: :pinch:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18477

Yeah, 2,4, and i am a parrot ;)

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 3 months ago #18501

After more cleaning, sorting parts and doing an inventory, i think this chassis is something for the trash :pinch:
Many screws are wrong or missing, some plastic parts are in bad condition or also missing... We will see.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.