Keyword

TOPIC:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18502

funkindemup - for a "CB-style antenna" try guitar string. You can solder the receiver wire to it. Make sure the total length of guitar string + receiver wire is exactly the same as the original receiver wire.

Jonny - have you tried clothes detergent in your US cleaner yet? I use it for manual sploshing & it works far better than fairy-up liquid. I use the cheapy Tesco liquid stuff, it's fantastic for brightening up ally too

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18521

Jonny - have you tried clothes detergent in your US cleaner yet? I use it for manual sploshing & it works far better than fairy-up liquid. I use the cheapy Tesco liquid stuff, it's fantastic for brightening up ally too

I'll use it for soaking stuff in a bucket or the sink, but I can't get near it for long as the smell of it makes me ill :S

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18535

Body and parts for it just arrived at office! B)
And wow, it's huge! I only knew the small buggy-bodys but not that size.
The Roll-Bar of the King Blackfoot also fits on the body - ok, i have to make some new holes.
But one thing i'm not happy about: the Blackfoot III doesn't has the FORD Logo on Front and Back :(

Pic-Update:
Attachments:

Last edit: by funkindemup.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18559

Ha yes, I remember thinking that when I got my first Sand Scorcher back in the 80s - until then I thought my Grasshopper was enormous!

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18747

'Cause the weather is getting better, i am making plans to paint the body. But first i have to remove the holes, which i don't need.
Also there is one thing which is disturbing me. The screws to fix the parts on the body. I want to close the holes for the screws also and glue it instead of screwing it.
How you're doing this? Is glue the only way?
Also i want to improve the body with the Ford letters, as it is on the original body. My plan is to snipe it out of rests of lexan and glue it on the body before painting.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18748

Hi,

If you really want to glue the front grill instead of screwing it, you can use this 2 components polyurethane plastic repair kit i'm using to repair my bodies. It works pretty good and dryies in less than 10 min ;)

For the Ford letters i would suggest using some decals. Maybe self made ones so u can choose the right font and size you'd like.
As far as i know, lexan don't likes glue so it might "melt" while glueing them on your body.
Keep us posted on the progress
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: funkindemup

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18751

Last edit: by waterbok.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18752

If you want raised letters on the tailgate, I'd suggest 0.50mm styrene sheet rather than lexan.

I have a scan of the tailgate off a Midnight Pumpkin, you'll have to enlarge it a bit, but I think the font is correct. PM me an email address if you want the file, it's not high resolution but the forum software will reduce it if I post it here.

:)

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18754

Johnny, PM inc :)

Well, stabilizers for the blackfoot aren't cheap or easy to get...

I want to buy the CRP Front Shock Tower supply but one part of it is not avaible :-/

Edit: Waterbok, i have this grill but the Ford Emblebm is on the front of the main-body. Also i want to raise the letters like Johnny wrote.

One question about sanding. It's a long time ago, i've sand the last piece of plastic (it was a modded xbox1, still got it). I've forgot which kind of grain i should use to remove lapping poits and to roughen the body (should i have to roughen it?).

How's about the blue in the middle? www.macsmodelin...281%29.jpg Classic Ford Blue. It's Tamiya TS-15. I think i'll take that.
The red parts of the chassis will be mattsilver, also the rims and the damper will be... don't know yet.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 months ago #18755

Edit: Waterbok, i have this grill but the Ford Emblebm is on the front of the main-body. Also i want to raise the letters like Johnny wrote.

those emblems are photetched copperplate I think so its raised a little bit, you could do the same, dont know what the maximum thickness is you can get doing that.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.