Keyword

TOPIC:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #20852

Body-status is not good. Having problems regarding the primer... Very bad quality. I didn't see something like that yet. It's like watercolor.

I have to sand it again and use better primer.

Can't really tell from the photo, but my guess would be release agent not properly removed from the shell before spraying ... what did you clean/wash it with?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #20860

what did you clean/wash it with?

After sanding, i've used regular clean soap and than many hot water to get the soap of.
I've painted plastic many times before without any problems but this primer from Faust is not the best at all. They told me "no problem" but now i have a problem. My older brother said that it is now a real oldschool truck :angry: Back in those days where nitro paint blasting of the cars and guitars.

Last edit: by funkindemup.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 2 weeks ago #21411

The body is still not finished 'cause of bad weather but i made a test drive today... man, this team orion 23t has to much torque! Car stand still and wheels spinning. I hvae to put more weight on it or other tires. But rest of it is working fine now B)

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 week ago #21534

Current status of the chassis - yeah dirty ;)

Edit: Much better pics with the EOS

Attachments:

Last edit: by funkindemup.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 week ago #21535

duh! thats shiny B)

this is dirty

:evil:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 week ago #21537

Car stand still and wheels spinning. I hvae to put more weight on it or other tires. But rest of it is working fine now B)

I'd rather would try to use the original tires (pin spikes) instead of Midnight Pumpkin ones before putting some weight

:P :P
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Last edit: by Manotas.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 week ago #21543

I'd rather would try to use the original tires (pin spikes) instead of Midnight Pumpkin ones before putting some weight

I don't want to bash with the BF, especially when the body is ready and mounted! :)
I don't want to use the original tires. They're not part of the project anymore.

waterbok, you've asked about glueing the tires. I didn't but should that better the traction? I think it's just the rubber and profile of those tires. Are there any tires which also fit on those Lunchbox rims? Is there a trick to make them less slippy? It's currently like a slick. Maybe some foam inside would better them.

PS: waterbok, ok you win :P

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 week ago #21544

You definitely need to glue the tires on to the rims, maybe adding some spikes to these tires would help :cheer:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 week ago #21546

But metalspikes on street?

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 week ago #21548

But metalspikes on street?

ha ha ha ha sounds fun !
With titanium spikes the sparks are guaranteed :y: :y: :y:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus