Top Force evo

Some TBG repros,
Blazing Star/Terra Conqueror

Dirt Trasher

Top Force/Top Force evo

Stingray, the TBGs are worth the wait.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18275

DanDare420/Waterbok - between you, can you organsise posting of a dimensioned sketch/pic of the "rare" parts you need? I might be able to help if I know what they look like & originality isn't an issue

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18278

if you mean the J12 part, funkindemup pointed me in the direction of 30x6xM3 hurrax aluminium distance holders that would work. (bit expensive though :huh:
The avant parts bag 19405430 from Jason costs less)

The rare alloy parts (to build an TF chassis) would be:
1. TF mount parts (there is a thread on TC about making those)
2. Alloy J12 replacement
3. Wing mounts
4. front body mount

I will see if I can get my CAD skills going again and try my luck on some sketches :whistle:

Think if we had somebody with a CNC lathe who can do shiny looking, low budget small series, to order, that would be handy (and the FRB prices for the TF will rocket or Fibre-lyte will get some more customers ;) )

a complete set would be (6 + 1 + 2 + 1) 10 alloy parts M3 threaded with 3 drilled holes here and there. think if one could make such for 25-30€ max. there could be some business.

Parts 1. and 2.

Old sketch

Parts 3. and 4.

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18281

That's stirred the old grey-matter - I've got 2x bags of home-machined 6-off 3-length spacer thingies (To "old sketch") sitting on my bench waiting for me to do something about selling....

Parts 3 & 4 - just a scan of the manual pics with scribbled dimensions would be fine.
Do you need the bit at the top of the first pic? (Horizaontal above the 6x spacers). If so, some dimensions for that too

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18282

Did 2 sets of these a little while ago, with a view to auctioning off 1x set on here, but the site was messing about so I thought it best to hold off until everything was stable again, & then I buried them under other stuff & forgot all about it...

Attachments:

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18288

They look really good eddrick, i have a friend that wants to carbon fibre his ta-01 and would love to buy a set of those from you. Can you put some onto ebay?

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18289

That's the plan, but I'm gonna wait until I've got a "full set" of the required rare bits to sell before I Ebay any I think (Just waiting for dimensions for the hex bits & wing mounts, & I'll need to buy some hex bar).

Does your mate need "the full set", or is he just after the 6x spacers? - if the price is right I could do another set of just those (Immediately), just for him.

I use "Speedal" for most of the parts I make, which polishes up really well, really easily with just Brasso, Duraglit, Autosol, T-cut etc

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18290

I think he just needs the posts as in pic, as it will have a cosworth shell on. Will talk to him and get back to you, or better still prompt him to register and talk for himself.

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18294

Hi Eddrick, no hurry on the parts, was just an idea I had to get some of these sets made if anybody has an interest, the hexagonal parts can be made round just as the other parts. I will try to come up with a hand sketch shortly.

@Edou what do you think about such a set of alloys?

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18295

Sent you a p.m waterbok, did you get it?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.