Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18296

Oops forgot about pm's, i am using tapatalk a lot at the moment.
Tapa does no pm's on TB.

Will hgave a look right away

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18303

I'm all for custom made mount bags! Would love to put another FRP chassis together. B) :woohoo:

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18331

Waterbok - dimensions to reproduce the hex bits would be better in the first instance - there are going to be people that would only want them if they look exactly like the proper Tamiya thing.
I can always use those dimensions to come up with a cheaper easier to make, dimensionally correct but functional set for the people who don't care what they look like.

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18350

Ok, thats a point, will try to make two sets of sketches then.

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18396

Whilst I'm thinking about it, & just to check, what does the 5mm nose on the SD1 part engage with? The bits I've already done are exactly 5.00mm, but it's suddenly dawned on me that they might have ballraces or something fitted to them, in which case they'd be better off being toleranced slightly undersized, or they'll be too tight a fit in a bearing & you'd struggle to put it all together

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18401

Yep, the 5mm nose is for the steeringarms ballbearings :y:

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18402

Fff... What size bearing is it? - the length of the nose is gonna be important too.
I'll hoik them out of the bag & check a bearing can be manually pressed onto them in a mo (& make myself a note re tolerancing)

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18403

Another idea, think we will be needing 4 more parts in the set, battery holder post for saddle pack :laugh:

bearings are the 850's 2 for each post

Last edit: by waterbok.

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18404

Nope, bearings are too tight to fit by hand, I'll have to give them a tickle to loosen the fit.
Whilst I'm at it, I'll be needing an accurate dimension for the length of the nose (Or the bearings will "bind" if the nose is too short & be sloppy if it's too long) - I'll need it measured to the nearest say 0.05mm (With calipers if you got 'em)

58100 and yet another DF01 restore, TF 11 years 2 months ago #18405

I hope I will have some time tomorrow evening to get my good old Mitutoyo in action otherwise it will be next week before I can do some measuring.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.