Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 5 months ago #15447

That looks great! Coming together very nicely. B) I like the roll bar in the same color as the rest of the chrome look. The front grill looks amazing. Are you going to detail it as well? The 1984 Ford trucks with that grill had the charcoal grey-ish accents for the grill and around the lights. For the roll bar lights I think they would look good either silver or maybe black with a chrome trim ring. However the standard KC Daylighters (hugely popular here in the 80's for the off road crowd) traditionally came either all chrome or all black for their housings. IMHO :)

Looking at your project being so clean makes me want to get on mine but I need to finish my Hopper first. :P
Current Project: The Dylan Project Grasshopper

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 5 months ago #15453

Hi,

Thanks for your post.
Concerning the front grill i'm still thinking about it. But honestly i couldn't find any good pictures of how that front grill looks like on real trucks. For sure i'll paint the turn lights and maybe some flat black lines on the center of the grill in order to reproduce the radiator.
I agree with you, the KC Daylighters were mainly black, but i don't think that a complete black housing of those light will suit the colour sheme of the car...
Like i said, i think that the best thing id to work and try a bit on Photoshop and check out the results...

Thanks for looking
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 5 months ago #15462

Nice :woohoo: looking sweet dude! :P

heres a copule of grill pic's I found....

Cheers Andy....
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 5 months ago #15463

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for those pictures....It might look great with such a grill...hmmmm i'll start working on it tonight :P :P

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 5 months ago #15592

Hi Guys,
A small update on this BF resto..

Thanks to Andy's front grill pictures, I started detailing my BF/s frontgrill....
It still needs the second coat of semi gloss black (X18) in order to cover completely the chrome paint.

I'm still working on the roll bar lights and polishing the windows...

I'll keep you updated

Thanks for looking
Attachments:

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 5 months ago #15614

:(
Nice but why didn't you use the X26 clear orange for the turning light? It is more realist.

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 5 months ago #15621

Very nice! Very nice indeed. ;) I agree the orange you used is a bit too orange in the pics but overall it still looks great. Loving the grill detail and love the color of the grill more than the "super chrome" it had. There is a small piece that is body color just below the grill as well. If you add that it will look all that more realistic and give it a finished quality you don't see on the blackfoot restoration/builds too often. Refer to the white truck pic that andyaus posted. I'm picking up some great detailling tricks from this build for when I get around to my blackfoot. Keep it up! Looks amazing. B)

Shawn
Current Project: The Dylan Project Grasshopper

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 4 months ago #15966

:sick: mine

Attachments:

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 4 months ago #16000

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delayed response but i've been very busy at work and therefore i could not progress as much as i wanted on my outstanding projects !

Anyway, thanks for your comments about the turning light color..i'll that in mind for my next projects. The problem is that the chrome paint remains a bit "sticky", i means by this that it's like it wont dry at all...strange isn't it? That's the first negative point of that paint....i need to find another provider for the next time.

Yesterday evening i managed to keep on working on my BF..The front bumper was in a very bad shape, so i filled it with 2 plastic component and started sanding it.

As i'm typing this the primer i just applied is drying and i'm looking for a black paint.

While the 2 components were hardening, i started polishing the windows and glueded them back on the body. I also started painting the rollbar lights in chrome...

More pics to follow !
Thanks for looking
Attachments:

Re: Blackfoot restoration 11 years 4 months ago #16001

:sick: mine

Hi Staingray,
Your BF looks great...
Is your body painted or unpainted ? I like the blue decals, they look great on a black body and nice details on the rims !

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.