Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Monster Beetle rebuild & repaint 12 years 9 months ago #2066

My bright idea for a lightbar bracket broke while the car was sitting _on the bench_ :blink:

1 stash tin & a pair of aviation snips later ...

Not a long term solution I fear though.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Monster Beetle rebuild & repaint 12 years 9 months ago #2067

Assuming the lightbar stays on, this is pretty much finished now, bumper is a period Proline item :)

Re: Monster Beetle rebuild & repaint 12 years 9 months ago #2068

That's one brilliant looking Beetle! Great job. B)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Re: Monster Beetle rebuild & repaint 12 years 9 months ago #2072

brilliant resto B)

Re: Monster Beetle rebuild & repaint 12 years 9 months ago #2087

Really well done!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Monster Beetle rebuild & repaint 12 years 9 months ago #2092

The Beetle looks excellent - you've done a really good job. The light fixings on my Beetle's nose cone were broken, so i sanded them down (so the cone now looks like a blitzer's). I then drilled 2 holes through the front of the front suspension mount. I then cut down the mounting points of the light assembly to make them shorter, and then screwed the lighting rig to the front suspension mount. The whole assembly is much stronger than the original set up & means that i can keep the lights on my Beetle. Pics are shown in my Monster Beetle resto thread in this topic. Once again - great build!
Andrew

Monster Beetle rebuild & repaint 9 years 1 month ago #33858

Been thinking about this a bit more recently ... 3 years later I still haven't run it & don't feel any better about it(being sold a pup, + it just wasn't a car I was interested in BITD) so I think it's time to move it on.

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Monster Beetle rebuild & repaint 8 years 10 months ago #34697

This will shortly be going off to andyaus, partial dismantling is so it can be packed a bit more efficiently & save a little on the volumetric air mail pricing.

It also gave me a chance to sort the clunky/stiff gearbox ... I don't know what it is with me and ORV gearboxes, but there must be something counterintuitive about the way they go together. I put it together "wrong" in the first place, then 2-3 times more, then - by doing it _exactly the same_ but looking at the manual, it's fine :silly: :blink:

I did wonder if I'd be sad to see it go, but no - if anything I feel that the bad juju the car had (caused by the original seller I might add) has been dispelled by it going to someone that's enthusiastic about getting it, and by me immediately spending the net on a new kit to modify the heck out of :)
Attachments:

Monster Beetle rebuild & repaint 8 years 10 months ago #34699

This will shortly be going off to andyaus

:whistle:

I did wonder if I'd be sad to see it go, but no - if anything I feel that the bad juju the car had (caused by the original seller I might add) has been dispelled by it going to someone that's enthusiastic about getting it

:)

And by me immediately spending the net on a new kit to modify the heck out of :)

:laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.