Keyword

TOPIC:

Grasshopper 2 10 years 10 months ago #22749

Glad you like my GH2. Pinch all ideas you like without problems and ask me for any doubt.

Max

Kontemax the detailing is very nice and I will pinch a couple of ideas from yours I like the spotlights and the decals and the driver and roll bars are awesome but probably passed my ability level my painting is a weak point. Looks very nice :y:

I wanted to put oil filled shocks on it but wanted to keep a scale look of the original fronts. I have a spare set of Marui galaxy shocks at home that I think are oil filled and around the same size (small and thin) so was thinking I might try them on it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Grasshopper 2 10 years 10 months ago #22754

;) stricker and falcon. (ok in yellow) wheeles

Grasshopper 2 10 years 10 months ago #23026

I have been rebuilding this car after giving it a clean down and was baffled why it was so unused it looks like its had maybe a couple of runs it really is in excellent condition apart from the original Tamiya baloon having deteriorated all over the mechanical speed controller which i replaced with a spare one i had.

I then found that the gearbox mounting point had been assembled incorrectly the rear suspension that is crap anyway wasnt working well at all. When i took it apart i found the original builder has missed out the mounting shaft 4 x 95 shaft that fits through the mounting and sits on the pathetic weedy little springs on either side. As a result the gearbox was sitting in the slots on the plastic arms not the metal shaft and as a result one of the tiny spring is missing and the other is snapped. Its a bit of a blessing really as the original owner must have given up on the handling and put it in a box and forgotten about it stopping it from being destroyed over the years. I can get the springs from ebay for less than a fiver does anybody have a spare 4 x 95 shaft? is it the same as the grasshopper and hornet one?

Ill also need to paint the suspension springs as they are a little rusty but this has turned out to be the easiest resto ever more of a rebuild and clean than a resto :y: :)

Grasshopper 2 10 years 10 months ago #23029

Also Sonic Fighter in white.

Max

;) stricker and falcon. (ok in yellow) wheeles

Grasshopper 2 10 years 10 months ago #23036

Just picked up the three parts i need off feepay for under £4.00 :) Thanks

Grasshopper 2 10 years 9 months ago #23262

Heres some pics how the hopper stands after being cleaned and rebuilt. I found a small crack in the rear of the shell that has been glued well then filled and sanded using different grades of wet and dry it looks pretty strong now.

I got chatting with a guy over on Tamiyaclub who said he had an original set of decals that he had found that he had for ages that he sold me for £20.00 but i was really dissapointed ((hopping mad :laugh: ) when i received them yesterday to find they are actually repro's printed on white vinyl :( I emailed him and he has said he had had them for years and thought they where originals. He did offer me a full refund if i returned them but they are a pretty good set of repro's and the chances of me finding a new set are pretty unlikely so i have told him ill use them anyway but have asked for a small refund to allow for them being copies. Im still waiting for a reply.

One thing i will need is a set of new front tyres as as soon as i tried to clean them they started breaking up in a really wierd way the rears are strangely unaffected.
Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Grasshopper 2 10 years 9 months ago #23272

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Grasshopper 2 10 years 9 months ago #23283

Nut if you want, i have 2 front boomerang wheeles. You can see them on my topic falcon and hornet... Your MB spares interest me :-D see you
Flo

Grasshopper 2 10 years 9 months ago #23295

Tamiya mechanical speed controller boots were cheap...

Grasshopper 2 10 years 9 months ago #23308

Stingray dont think those wheels will fit this chassis thanks anyway :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds