Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: collection mess 11 years 10 months ago #10286

It's in pieces now and up for another rebuild and upgrade...
But these are the most recent pictures I have of it :

It's got a lot of blue GPM alloy parts and also the carbon shock towers. :cheer:
Chassis itself is a DF-01 buggy with the long suspension arms - and long wheel axles with 12mm thick hexes.
Extremely wide stance, especially with the Tamiya Levant rims and fat Pro-line tyres on it...
I have a second (original) body shell for it that I got from Waterbok a while back.
That one's up for a nice paint job.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: collection mess 11 years 10 months ago #10300

:laugh:
I love blue parts. Can you say me what is the differents between the df01 and the ta01? I think that's the same :huh:
My hummvees are strickly stock only with ball bearings and esc. I tested mine on the ice with screwed tyres but it didn't float when the ice cracked. :sick:
I can say that the hitec sp520 esc is relatively waterproof :P

Re: collection mess 11 years 10 months ago #10303

it didn't float when the ice cracked.

:unsure: :whistle:

the differents between the df01 and the ta01

The basic chassis is the same, only a TA01 bathtub is grey and the gearboxes are red, where with a DF-01 it's all black.
The difference is mainly in the length of the suspension arms and dogbones.

But not all the DF-01s are exactly the same either...
There's the buggy version (Manta Ray chassis) and the TA01-TA02 (like the Hummer).
The latter has on road shock towers like a TA01 and shorter suspension arms.
Not an exact science the DF-01 chassis...
Probably because they thought of the name at a later point and put these cars together in that category.
What they also have in common is that they're meant for off road - the D in DF stands for Dirt.

:silly:

Re: collection mess 11 years 10 months ago #10321

Thanks Edou :)
I know that the TA01 is longer than TA02 but it has the same wheelbase. TA01 main chassis has bee nest with straights rear suspension arms and long red front hubs.
The TA02 has the TA01 front hop up blue hubs shorter main frame and rear moved suspension arms.
The hummer has specials suspension arms and the prerunner, chevyS10 and f150 have the TA01 arms and red hubs same as the ta02 sw.

Re: collection mess 11 years 10 months ago #10368

Are the Hummer arms TA02SW as well? Because that would be convenient...
They called the chassis TA01-TA02 at first. I think the only parts about it that are actually TA02 are the arms that are pointing to the rear (for extra wheel base) and the all plastic gear set.

:huh:

Re: collection mess 11 years 10 months ago #10374

:blush: :n:
I am shamefull. The TA02sw has standard ta02 rear arms only reversed.
The hummer has specific reinforced and in two pieces arms. They look like the ta01 ones but maybe are they longer. I haven't mine under eyes and I am not sure that it is possible to mount them. Maybe similar to the chevy s10??? :huh:

Re: collection mess 11 years 10 months ago #10375

Re: collection mess 11 years 10 months ago #10376

;) thanks waterbock
Really top

Re: collection mess 11 years 6 months ago #15196

:lol:
Other picts of my bedroom. That is on my bed. I don't sleep no more on it :silly:
No comment :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Attachments:

Re: collection mess 11 years 6 months ago #15249

Nice mess! Like that Corvette... got any more pics and specifics? :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.