Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi from Switzerland 12 years 3 weeks ago #9324

Hi everyone,
Well it's been a long time since i'm registered in this Tamiya base and never took the time to fill in this topic. I think it's time now !
I'm from Switzerland and i'm 36 years old.
I started playing with my first RC model in the lates 80's startting 90's with a Monster Beetle and as far as i can remember i had great fun !
Of course the years passed by, studies, work, etc.... A few years ago i found this old Beetle in my parents house and got the virus again.
Since then i started rebuilding and restoring mostly vintage Tamiya cars i started buying a bit from everywhere.
I think people in here are great Tamiya fans and i'm sure we will have a gret time together and share as much as possible information and why not some difficult spare parts to find :-)
I will post in a few some pictures of my collection and restoration projects.
Cheers
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi from Switzerland 12 years 3 weeks ago #9325

Welcome, Manotas. :)

Re: Hi from Switzerland 12 years 3 weeks ago #9326

Thanks Edou, nice to meet you

Re: Hi from Switzerland 12 years 3 weeks ago #9327

Looking forward to some pictures of your cars. :y:
And we're very fond of build threads here by the way... ;)

Re: Hi from Switzerland 12 years 3 weeks ago #9330

Welcome on board, Manotas :)

I thought the name "Manotas" rang a bell, so looked it up ... I honestly can't imagine when & where I would have seen Secret Squirrel in Spanish though :lol:

Hi from Switzerland 12 years 3 weeks ago #9331

Welcome Manotas, and this reminds me that I should have posted in this proper intro thread too, rather than posting everywhere else first :P

Btw, Switzerland is such a nice place, I hope to revisit there some day. So impressed when I was there a few years ago.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Re: Hi from Switzerland 12 years 2 weeks ago #9449

HI Guys, thanks for all the comments...
I will post a few pictures of my models and restoration as soon as i found the right topic.
In the meanwhile, ill post a few pictures of some of my models. Other projects will follow shortly !

Monster Beetle (to be restored)

Mud Blaster, completely restored

Wild Willy, i still need to finish painting Willy's head and put the decals on.

And my last restoration project :

Oops, i forgot 2 other models.... :P

The Hilux need some paint work for the details....i have the mirror :woohoo: but i'll put on once it's completed.
The Pumpkin is a re-release and one of my runners....it reminds me my childhood.
For the Bullhead it also has been completely restored, i even managed to get the US flag :lol:

Last edit: by Manotas.

Re: Hi from Switzerland 12 years 2 weeks ago #9466

Oooh, very nice collection! B)

I will post a few pictures of my models and restoration as soon as i found the right topic.

Creating a showroom would probably be the best place to show them off...
You can find that category if you click here .

:y:

Re: Hi from Switzerland 12 years 2 weeks ago #9467

Welcome Manotas!
You have a really great collection of nice models.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Re: Hi from Switzerland 3 years 3 months ago #64420

Hello,
It's been a while since my last post...exactly 8 months.
I never stopped consulting to see what's going on but I've had a lot of work, job changes, covid situation etc..
Since then, I think you've forgotten me ha ha ha ha ha ha ha and that's the reason why I'm doing a job here.
As mentioned, I've been doing a little bit of restoration lately without letting go of some good deals.
I've also been very busy restoring the Mustang that was put on standby during the winter.
In the meantime I've started a big project, (another....) of a very, very special truck. I'll be creating a post about it soon.
Well, I won't disappear so long and stay connected more often and follow all your projects.
Thank you very much.
Manotas

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.