Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 2 weeks 1 day ago #78215

the best I did with mci decals to stick to the real 87' tbird
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, silvertriple

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 week 6 days ago #78226

Work in progres...

I'm trying to get a 3 colors helmet for Bill (white, gold, red), but it maybe totally overill considering that the driver is on the left side, and there is a net on the left windows, and that from the front, we will only see the red on top of the black visor, but I really love details, and Bill is really detailed...
the yellow helmet will be for the Shogun driver, while the red will likely take place in the Hunter prototype...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 week 6 days ago #78230

Today is bank holiday here, and the start of a long bridged double week-end :-)
So many things to do during this period and before the first vintage events of the year...
I launched a Glanzer bath in a big box for a few bodies I expect to save. The box is big, and once this bath is over, I''ll reuse the liquid for the two next bath that goes after this one, hopefully with successfull results...

I also worked a bit this morning on Bill, and there is some progress... They made a wonderfull work detailling his face...

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 week 6 days ago #78231

Very nice result on Bill. Is it an original or the resin one?

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 week 6 days ago #78232

it's an original... I had one with one the cars I got...

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 week 5 days ago #78238

Bill has now eyes :-)

On the cleaning bath, there was tremendeous progress...
after two hours one of the Hunter body was cleaned.

After two additional hours the Alpine Rallye Sports bodyshell was clean as well... (There is chance I can get it reproduced by the same friend who did the Hirobo Hilux bodyshell repro)

The two other bodies are still in the bath (24 hours) : Shogun body still have some areas uncleaned (but it should be fine ine a few hours). The second Hunter body still have some gold resisting if it doesn't change by 2 hours, I'll remove them from the bath and will use some paint killer for what is left...

In the meantime, I designed and print a part to gather the paint flakes within the bath the most efficiently possible... I've printed it in PETG and will share the file on markeworld later today...

The idea is to keep the bath as clean as possible to work on the next bodyshells (I have 2 Coors and at least a big bear bodyshell to deal with after this)...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 week 5 days ago #78243

Driver figures are complete...

I rubbed the last bits of black on the Shogun bodyshell with a tooth pick and it's now perfect... I did not rinse the bodies with water, just used a towel to dry them, and the white shadow do not appear... This shogun body will be painted pure  black, original stickers will stay, and I may complete them later on (if the one I get from MCI-Racing are with the same tone)...

There is still some gold on the Hunter body, but I'll try to remove it using some paint killer. If not, let's say it will get the right to stay there, and the body is likely to finish White/gold instead of White/Yellow... I put one of the Coors body in the bath as it is going to be next.

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 week 5 days ago #78244

On the Hunter, the paint killer did the job on the Gold... Almost I should say. It was painted from inside and outside for the Gold, and the part under the stickers are still there... I do question myself about removing the stickers or keep them...

Another Marui project - Ninja/Shogun 1 week 5 days ago #78250

Bill Elliot sits now proudly on the Marui chassis

At this stage, this chassis has no electronics, the runner is not going to be this one...

I did add a few details to the bodyshell using some trim line applied inside the bodyshell...

I'm very happy with the result...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.