Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7030

In the next few weeks, I'll be putting together a step by step guide on my first attempt at making a display case for my Super hornet, and then for my Bullhead.

It will be made out of perspex and MDF. the MDF base will be covered in green felt, and finished off with a little silver plaque with the model number/name on it.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7036

That'll look great. And also repel dust. :silly:
Cool detail with the plaque...

Re: Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7083

That's a fantastic idea!
1 addition I'd like to see though, is some sort of built-in stand to keep the weight off the wheels, to stop the tyres bulging with time

Re: Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7086

That's a fantastic idea!
1 addition I'd like to see though, is some sort of built-in stand to keep the weight off the wheels, to stop the tyres bulging with time

Already thought of that. I'll incorperate it into the base.

watch this space for more...

Re: Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7088

I am also installing LED strip lights in the case for effects.

Re: Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7092

great idea and looks cool but can take up a lot of space if you have a lot of cars.
i converted a whole shelf cabinet for my Rossi minichamps bikes by covering the whole front with a sheet of 1mm acrylic.keeps the dust off them and if you look at the bottom shelf i fitted a mirror to the bottom and rear of the shelf. gives an almost 360 degree view of the models and looks awesome lit up at night.
sorry to hijack the thread, just thought you might like to see it

Re: Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7095

No worries Agemax, nice display case BTW

Re: Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7097

While you're at it, how about motorising it to demonstrate the suspension movement like in some of the Tamiya promos? ;) ... tamiya101.com/m....asp?id=51 for example :)

Re: Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7100

what about fake grass instead of felt, or even make some sort of terrain out of paper mache with sand and stones etc. just an idea :whistle:
some display cases for minichamp models have "track" as a base, with white lines and a curb. looks cool(tarmac racers of course, not offroaders
like this one, but bigger obviously.......
www.ebay.co.uk/...065wt_1054

Last edit: by agemax. Reason: link added

Re: Custom Display cases 12 years 1 month ago #7103

I was thinking of using 100 grit sand paper, and painting a yellow stripe down the one side, to simulate the lines in the pits. And adding maybe a pitlane wall, But that would work well with an onroad car.

I'll play around with the textures when I get around to the base.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.