Keyword

TOPIC:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24290

OK, now for some pictures of the "tweaked" SRB I got off ebay recently.

I think these are Super Champ steel u/js :y: - Can someone confirm?
Don't know what the steel mesh is about - Some attempt at a bumper, or a Faraday cage to stop interference from the motor maybe :huh:

"Interesting" home-made chassis and stiffener....

...which has a kick up at the front (or it's just badly bent), which means the king-pins are almost horizontal :blink:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24291

More...

"Radio box" looks like a Chinese take-away tub or something. Does anyone recognise the MSC?
Attachments:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24292

Bodyshell is similarly awful...

Attachments:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24293

Inside...

Yuk...
Attachments:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24294

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24295

Someone hit truly epic levels of lash-up there :blink:

Kick up angle on the front is ludicrous - I can't think why anyone would need to change the camber angles on the move but not steer :S

I don't see anything worth saving on the body - breakages & bits missing are one thing, massive distortion is something else ... using a handful of ginger short & curlies as reinforcing fibres for a roof repair is off the chart :ohmy:

re the steel UJs, late mk.2 Sand Scorchers had them too.

I don't know about the MSC, it's the most common Tamiya type (although Schumacher also used them on the Wildcat), the longer than average battery wires might give a clue ... the BEC wire dates it anywhere between about 1983 and the point ESCs became the norm... someone identifying the plastic holder is more likely - post a phot of just that when you get around to dismantling it?

TBH I wouldn't be too intimidated by this as a project - but then I have a spare body, set of wheels, bumper, and bits to make a new chassis out of just sitting around :whistle:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24297

Errr,good luck :y:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24298

I don't know about the MSC, it's the most common Tamiya type (although Schumacher also used them on the Wildcat), the longer than average battery wires might give a clue ... the BEC wire dates it anywhere between about 1983 and the point ESCs became the norm... someone identifying the plastic holder is more likely - post a phot of just that when you get around to dismantling it?

Yeah I was asking about the plastic holder really. I was wondering if it might be useful to someone.

TBH I wouldn't be too intimidated by this as a project - but then I have a spare body, set of wheels, bumper, and bits to make a new chassis out of just sitting around :whistle:

The actual SRB bits seem to be in reasonable nick, so with the addition of the other bits you mention, it would not be too hard to get going again.
The bodyshell is toast. I am contemplating chopping it off in front of the A pillars and grafting it on to my other Scorcher body to give me front wings again. I have the head light and bits of plastic from the wing - they broke off in the box.

And I have a bumper :whistle: ....

...it's just attached to the Mardave Cobra that came with it. With some graffiti remover and a boil, it should be passable.
Attachments:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24299

The lash up continues:

Note margarine tubs and non-original wing :S
(there's also an interesting and varied selectionof fasteners)

Attachments:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24307

Anyone recognise this MSC and mounting plate?

And what about the radio box?

I reckon the radio box and the chassis rail might be off the same car:
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.