Keyword

TOPIC:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24309

The previous owners fabrication skills really are quite 'remarkable'.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 7 months ago #24311

:) You are really courageous... :silly:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 1 month ago #28001

HI!... The MSC and holder looks like one from a Boomerang.

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 1 month ago #28003

Are you sure this thing is 1/10 scale? I thought i have seen this car in ''Mad Max 3'' :P

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 1 week ago #28256

Remember this freak show?

Well, I removed the chicken wire, margarine tubs, old beer cans etc some time ago and deposited them in their rightful place. The wife is away this week, so I can commandeer the kitchen table. I dug out my SRB spares...

...and along with some lubrication...

...set to work.
Attachments:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 1 week ago #28257

This is the result so far... (sorry about the poor pictures)

Not sure if I'll use that bodyshell on this chassis as I have a better chassis waiting for a shell, but it gives a nice idea what it will look like.
I need to sort out a rear bumper/cage (I have some Superchamp bits that I can use) and a radio box/tray. Also need a few fasteners and a set of ballraces.
I'm also thinking of making a new chassis out of FRP or possibly ally.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 1 week ago #28258

Does anyone know where I can get new rubber bushes for the shocks? Buggy Champ ones are pretty expensive (~£2 each :S ) and they look like the sort of thing one ought to be able to buy for industrial applications for pennies.

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 1 week ago #28259

Does anyone know where I can get new rubber bushes for the shocks? Buggy Champ ones are pretty expensive (~£2 each :S ) and they look like the sort of thing one ought to be able to buy for industrial applications for pennies.

Hi Martin,

I used industrial rubber bushes for my Rough Rider resto wich are very very cheap !
They're initially used to protect wires going through holes to avoid dammages ( I don't know the exact term in english... :( )

I will take some pictures of them and if you're interested i could send them to you.

In the meantime, this is how they look like once on the shocks.

Pictures will follow today
Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 1 week ago #28260

They're initially used to protect wires going through holes to avoid dammages ( I don't know the exact term in english... :( )

Yes, they're called "Grommets" and they are exactly what I need. The problem is that grommets you can buy in DIY stores etc are for thin panels (1-2mm thick) so they do not fit the shocks well.
I found this place but they have a minimum order of £30 which will probably buy enough grommets to equip every SRB in existance!

"Basket case" Sand Scorcher 10 years 1 week ago #28261

Think I might have some lying around, will have a look this evening.
Need anything else for your SRB?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.