Keyword

TOPIC:

2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10210

edit 14 Dec 2012: All the 2013 calendars have now been sold :)

Initial post - note that a lot of this has now been overtaken by events:

I’d like an RC calendar for 2013, but when I looked through my own photos I quickly came to the conclusion that I’d really got nothing that I’d want to see gracing my wall for a whole month ... well, maybe one, for February ...

I could just pinch decent shots from TamiyaClub and or Tamiya101, but I’d far rather get voluntary contributions from here, and also make it available to other members. I have Lars’ agreement that I can use the TamiyaBase.com name & forums to do this in a “not for profit” way.

So, primarily this is a request for photos at the moment – please post forum-sized versions of any pics you’d like to be considered for inclusion. There’s no firm deadline at the moment,
now 30th September but as this is going to involve a lot of fiddling about for me, I would like to get started as soon as possible.

Photos need to be your own work, good quality (high pixel count, and in focus) and preferably be of boxart Tamiya cars (or recognised alternatives) from the first 150. Posed or action shots are ok, bench shots really aren’t. Exceptions may be made for exceptional shots.

I’m also looking for variation in themes, so I can go with the traditional North West European seasons i.e.: January & February – winter (so snow, ice); March, April, May – spring; June, July, August – summer (so sun, sea, sand); September, October, November – autumn; December – Christmas.

I’m not focusing too much on the printing & costs at the moment, but please bear in mind if you want a calendar they are _not_ going to be cheap. I know you can buy a nice, big, glossy car calendar for a fiver, but this is not even a “niche” printing run, it’s not even vanity publishing - it’ll only be a few more than a “one off”, target price at the moment is 25 GBP (31 EUR), including postage, for a decent sized wall calendar.I will need payment in advance (preferably by direct bank transfer, or Paypal gift & you cover the fees), probably around the beginning of November. You won’t be buying blind, I do hope to show some decent sized previews before you part with your cash.
Price should be 12 GBP, no deposit or payment will be required before printing.

One final thing for the moment: this is _not_ going to be designed by committee. I recognise a “Christmas Party Planning” scenario when I see one – you really can’t please everyone, and trying to do so will not change that, it’ll just give me a nervous breakdown trying.

- Size is 280mm x 215mm closed, i.e. just under A4 size landscape photo, with the same size monthly grid underneath.

- price including postage & packing is 12 GBP each.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10212

So, I should buy a new camera & take my Hilux for a thrash along Hunstanton beach?
Feel free to pinch anything out of my gallery that takes your fancy, but I think you'll find all my pics are of the "Bench", "Low pixel count", "Non-boxart" etc variety!

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10213

I like the idea. :y:
See what I can come up with. Nothing that qualifies in my own gallery so far I think... :unsure:

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10217

So, I should buy a new camera & take my Hilux for a thrash along Hunstanton beach?...

Well, that would cover at least one of the Winter months ;)

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10241

Great initiative, Jonny! :y:
Does this mean I have to take my models out, to the real world ?? :laugh:

Ok, I take that as a challenge, and will see what I can come up with...
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10259

Great initiative, Jonny! :y:
Does this mean I have to take my models out, to the real world ?? :laugh:

Ok, I take that as a challenge, and will see what I can come up with...

Cool :)

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10260

I looked at what gets Tamiya101'd from TamiyaClub, as get an idea of what the consensus of what consitutes a good RC pic; they seem to fall into three categories:

- In mid air, on a beach
- Moving, on a beach
- Posed, on a beach

I guess that sand & sea look scale ... the other thing they had in common was that the pics were all taken from a low angle - 15 to 45cm (6 to 18") above the ground.

Cars on a workbench, on a car roof, and on grass all look pants, as does any pic with anything at 1:1 scale in it - fences, paving, etc.

"Studio" type pics seem to work ok if they are correctly lit, on a white background, and show the car from a low angle, and in front or rear 3/4s view ... but are a little clinical, or dull - I wouldn't want to see a calendar full of them. As I can't get out to get those beach action shots I imagine this is what I'll be contributing :)

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10261

I've also been thinking about size vs. cost - I'm now looking at smaller calendars - 280mm wide x 215mm tall (approx 11x8"), which is just under A4 size for the photo + the same below for the day grid, so nearly A3 in total.

These work out at a much more palatable price - around 12 GBP (15 EUR), posted.

That's for a run of 10, I think given the costs involved I wouldn't need to ask for money up front, for the first batch at least :)

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10269

Sounds like it'll be very affordable that way. :)
I live near the beach and dunes so I guess that'll be the setting for a photoshoot!

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10304

i've got some beach pics

this one not really boxart bat the rest are 'cos you cant see the no shell :)

:)
Attachments:

Last edit: by zephyrin.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.