• stevieg
  • stevieg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
Hooray,im gonna buy one of these!
www.rc-news.de/...e-release/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 10 years 3 days ago #28315

Wow - everyone's jumping on the re-re bandwagon, eh?

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 10 years 3 days ago #28316

• stevieg
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
Yep,but at least they've chose the right one to re re.

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 11 months ago #28371

From Kyosho America:

This is the long awaited release of the retro vintage Scorpion, which was the cornerstone of the Kyosho off-road program during the late 70s and early 80s. Designed by the same designer as the original Scorpion, this new version is very faithful to many of the details that make it virtually identical to the original car, but there are some changes to increase the durability and performance. The shocks are higher quality with much smoother operation, and the spring pre-load collars will not snap like the old ones. ;o) The transmission is upgraded with 48-pitch gears and nearly all metal construction except for the compound counter gear. A sealed gear differential is driven via a modern slipper clutch to smooth out power delivery.

More pics here .

Last edit: by TommieG.

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 11 months ago #28372

• stevieg
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
That looks fantastic,looks just like the original but with all the important bits updated,and a more realistic looking driver,well done Kyosho! :y:

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 11 months ago #28375

HI!... I'm definitely getting one of these. :woohoo:

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 11 months ago #28387

www.kyoshoameri...23152.html

Not bad, $219.99.

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 9 months ago #29538

I must say I love this re-release from Kyosho!

I have built the rere scorpion, just need to paint the body, but that will have to wait until I´m home from holiday.

The rere is very faithful to the original Scorpion, even though I actually couldn´t find a single part that was identical to the original..... Every "flat" aluminum part were very close in shape, but slightly thicker than on the original. The front shock towers feel much more solid, and don´t flex at all, unlike on the original Beetle I compared them to. All ball joints are of the usual "modern" HQ Kyosho type. The gearbox is completely redesigned and feels very solid. The "tub" is completely redesigned to fit modern day electronics and the tires feel softer and more "rubbery-like" than the much harder originals. All screws are now unbrako-type, and not a single phillips or flat-head screw is used.

It seems Kyosho really put an effort into this rerelease, and I´m crossing my fingers there will be more to come from the big K!

Some pics compared to the "old" one (Beetle, not Scorpion). Can you tell what´s the old and what´s the new? ;-)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, AndyAus

Last edit: by TommieG.

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 9 months ago #29539

Nice looking car :y: ... but looking at your photos, is any of it interchangeable with the original? I'm impressed with the alloy wheels B)

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 9 months ago #29542

I would believe many of the parts would fit the old one, even if they are redesigned. A bit like the rere SRB's, where some parts fit and others don't.

The alloy wheels are actually plastic :lol:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.