Keyword

TOPIC:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #19831

I use "Epic" canned motors with mine - they're 27 turn, lay-down brushed with lightened rotors & tuned brush timing. They perform like a modified 17 turn. Easily spotted, they have a flatted vented can, with "epic" stamped on the front. "Revenge of the monster horsepower" is a good example.
My LRP AI (No limit) ESC can't cope with them, but funnily enough the HSP ESC can...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #19903

There are some carson motors at tamico for about 10 Euros. Maybe i'll test one of them. But, 28T or 23T?

Btw. dampers arrived!

Is it normal, that the gearbox of a BF/MB/FR/Whatever sounds like a coffee mill? The spurs where all ok, without any ninja stars or broken teeths
Attachments:

Last edit: by funkindemup.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #19939

Remember this?

I thought it is chewgum from the street but after removing this over night, i've found out that it is some kind of glue to hide the damages rim. It is broken at the area where the ballbearing has to be inserted. Not repairable 'cause it would break again. Great - another part of the "defect" BF, hidden at the ebay auction :angry:
Attachments:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #19942

After some cutting:

There you can see the broken ring... I'll try to fix this with 2 plastic-repair stuff.
Attachments:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #19947

Wow that looks like a heaping helping of fun :pinch: well done getting it all off :y: I don't think I have ever seen one break like that before :ohmy:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #19950

I've fixed the broken part. Pics later.
I think, if this dude has driven the car with the same damper than the ones he sold me at the car, it is not strange that this part is broken. Oil-Damper was ultrahard without oil and too long for the BF...
I've used some plastic-repair stuff on that within a plastic bearing. Round it up, let it dry. Than some cutting and sanding and now i have a nice dome to put the ballbearing into it. Thicker than original but nobody can see it. Better than a broken rim.

Attachments:

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #19955

I'd be interested in seeing how that works in use ... all the Tamiya "Big Wheeler"s are vunerable to that sort of break - and any one piece wheel with that bearing arrangement, come to think of it :(

:)

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #20057

Johnny, in my humble opinion i think that those parts crack easily because of the old dampers without oil. Also the front ones where very hard and too long... I hope it's more stiffen than original one now. I've used the plastic spacer just as form that the ball bearing still fits the hole :)

I've bought now an Team Orion Orbital 2 R Mach-Mod 23 Turns for about 15 Euro - new.
I think it's a fair price for this kind of motor. Good efficiency. I hope the gear box won't crack :blink:

Update: now with more power!
Attachments:

Last edit: by funkindemup.

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 month ago #20389

It happened.... The front right rim is to heavy damaged to use it.

Does anyone has a single Blackfoot front rim left?

Project: glowing Vintage Blackfoot 11 years 1 week ago #20848

Ok, after searching and thinking about the original BF rims & wheels i decided to get chromed Lunchbox rims & wheels. They have a smaller diameter but a bigger width!

I made some extra holes to get a better style, have a look:

There are also chromed wheels for new Wild Willy but they have other mounts.

Also i've painted the chassis black and mounted some parts. But it's quite not finished.
Body-status is not good. Having problems regarding the primer... Very bad quality. I didn't see something like that yet. It's like watercolor.

I have to sand it again and use better primer.
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.