Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 3 weeks ago #28103

Man, you're on a roll. This thing looks awesome! :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 3 weeks ago #28116

Sweet mate B)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 3 weeks ago #28135

HI!... Well I got the BigWig body painted last night with some special flat black paint. Don't know if I like it. Because of painting the body from the inside it still came out gloss black. I'm 50/50 on it right now. I might end up painting the outside of the body like EDOU did on his Black Wolf Top Force project. I like that look better. I picked up a NIP BigWig roof panel and vintage Pro-Track sway bar kit for it. Also swapped out the black dyed MoonCraft wheels for some 2.2 Tamiys one's. I dyed these black as well. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do with decals yet. I might just not go with any. Do u guys think I should leave it as is, or paint the ouside of the body flat black?

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 3 weeks ago #28137

I think the gloss black looks killer-good.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 2 weeks ago #28138

:woohoo: JUST PERFECT as it is :y: :y: :y:

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 2 weeks ago #28143

HI!... O.k I got the PRO-TRACK sway bar installed and painted black. Currently painting the driver. I'm using a regular BigWig driver body but with a Avante head. You'll see why. :P

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 2 weeks ago #28145

Yes the gloss does add a great contrast :y: For your decals maybe just adding some accent stripes similar to a tron car?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 2 weeks ago #28152

I think it's excellent. I'd still be wondering how it would look in matt though (but that's my own deviance). :whistle:
Going for some subtle decals sounds like a good idea in any case.
Looking forward to the next update.

:y:

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 2 weeks ago #28155

That looks fab B)

Tamiya BigWig #4 "Shadow Edition" 10 years 1 week ago #28206

WOW, the Black edition, just like AMG. :D I think if you have a look over at TamiyaClub and a user there called Wyoming, he used some sort of clear on the outside of lexan to give it a moderate flat appearence, but since you have 2 more TBG bodies, how about shooting that flat color on the OUTSIDE of another body and see what you like or dislike about that. I think the modern wheels look a bit better, but those tires are begging for some lettering details, perhaps in the blue ala Tron. Seems a TC user by the name Stickerbod could point you in a decal direction, but it really looks cool without much, so perhaps some pinstriping will be just the trick.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.