Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 3 weeks 4 days ago #78182

Found recently a video that caught me curious...
How we BUILT a 3D printer that can print ANYTHING! - YouTube

It's not yet on the market, it's small build volume, it's pricey, but SLS to that price it is still highly interesting and would give many possibilities... And if this works as advertised, it may just disrupt the market like the Bambu Lab X1C did, which could be quite interesting with a lot of evolutions in a very few years to come...

That is a very cool demonstration, hopefully they can bring to market at that price, that would open up even more opportunities for printing parts. SLS now seems to be advancing like FDM and resin printing did about 5 years ago.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 2 weeks 5 days ago #78204

My wife asked me if I could do some tick removers for the poney club...
I found one on Printables ( www.printables....ck-remover ). It is  easy to print, and my wife used a few already succesfully. I reworked it to include the poney club logo and a hole to be able to fix it to a ring, and printed a prototype.
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 week 3 hours ago #78313

I tend to procrastinate a lot when it comes to resin printing... The process is so cumbersome any reason to delay a print is a good reason...

I delayed so much that I can just throw an ABS like resin bottle away. I was about to launch some prints today. I shaked the bottle quite for a few minutes, and when I pourred it in the VAT, there was a lot of blobs... This resin is dead. Not sure when I got this bottle, but it might be a bit more than one year ago... Anyway, lesson learned, only order when you need the resin. I ordered another bottle as I need to print a few parts. And will probably print some tires as well soon. I'll print all the other parts first as cleaning the VAT is so much more easy than with the Flex resins...

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 3 days 16 hours ago #78345

As i'm trying to complete my Super Wheelies, I decided to use the resin printer to deal with part of the work...

Yesterday, I put a jerrycan and a driver figure (the same scan as I used earlier) in chitubox, set supports and sliced for Siraya tech Fast Navy grey...
I launched the print within the afternoon...

Yesterday, when going to bed I noticed that the driver side was off the bed... The Jerrycan was not finished so I let the print continue...

This morning, the printer was still working. The jerrycan is done, and the driver figure was still ongoing, very surprisingly...

I washed and cure the jerrycan and here is the result:

Beside this, a Revopoint Pop3 arrived yesteday. I checked quickly it works, I can see the potential, but I'll have to learn how to use it, and it may require some time... My first target is to be able to produce a proper printable file set for the SUper Wheelie driver. We'll see how it goes...

Last edit: by silvertriple.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 3 days 15 hours ago #78346

I played a bit with the scanner and the application...

Here is the result so far...

Few elements I can already note thru this exercice :
- the helmet is very difficult to scan completely, as when you turn around, form tracking is getting diffiicult as the surface is quite uniform (may be tracing a few lines on the helmet could help)
- the face seems quite easy to get properly
- moving around with the scanner is difficult while keeping the helmet in the scan area and avoid loosing tracking. I'll have to try with the turn table...

I believe I need to design and print a support with markers to hold the head on the turn table at a height which ease the scan : put directly on the turn table, it is going to be difficult to get the whole area inside the head...
So more work, but first result are quite encouraging...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 3 days 12 hours ago #78349

Quickly designed a support to see if it helps...

I expect the spokes of the wheel to help the tracking. I will print this part in 3 different colors (White, Red, Black) to see how it helps....

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 3 days 5 hours ago #78353

I did another session of scan but with my little printed support

And that improved the form tracking dramatically... I've kept the face I showed earlier, and did 3 additional cloud of points with a full rotation at different heights (it took me more time to put the proper setup in place, and to understand how to work within the application - I did this with my phone and the post processing was done on my laptop)... And the result is already great. I'll try to print that stl later on to compare, but that looks already good.

I'm curious to see how good it is dimensionnally...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 3 days 3 hours ago #78354

I want one.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 2 days 18 hours ago #78357

As the resin printer was busy, I did  a cut of the STL in Bambu studio and printed the scan in two parts...

Here is the result. There is still a bit of work as the base of the helmet is not clean enough currently (at least for me so I feel there is more work.

I'll also have to deal with the driver figure body... which may be both easier and more complex to scan...

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 day 17 hours ago #78362

I printed the scan in resin to see how much it is different...

The result is better defined (as expected)... I still need to work the base in CAD, and we'll try to scan the body later on... Normally, the feature tracking should work better on the body so we'll see.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.