Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Quattro/Ascona radio box lid 11 years 11 months ago #8664

Cheers Lars, it would be interesting to see if my guesswork is anything like the proper thing, but don't go out of your way or spend a lot of time doing it. What would be really handy is some positions & heights for the 3x round bosses for fixing the driver in (Height from the bottom of the lid cos the height of my lid was guessed & it'll throw the driver's height out otherwise)
It's one of those things that became critical as Kamtec have just sent me a shell & asked me to paint it for them, & there's absolutely no room on my bench to do it!
3D drawing is something I still haven't had a proper look at. I've got the facilities, just not the time & inclination. I nearly got stuck into it when our CNC router turned up at work, but it quickly became apparent that you don't need 3D drawing files to create simple 3D parts on it - just have 2D toolpaths on different layers & assign different cutting depths to those layers (No good for slopes or vertical curves though). I would very much like a 3D printer for my birthday though, ta, ta, ta....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Quattro/Ascona radio box lid 11 years 11 months ago #8665

Good evening,

I might have a spare lid for a opel ascona 400.
Unfortunately i am on holiday now with my family, and i am away until thursday.
When i am home i will dig into my spare parts too look.

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: Quattro/Ascona radio box lid 11 years 11 months ago #8689

Cheers Bram but don't worry cos I have got something that will do the job now (I'm not that bothered about repro parts). Thanks anyway though

Re: Quattro/Ascona radio box lid 11 years 11 months ago #8718

Eddrick,
I have done some measurements, started with the 3 round bosses for the drive and got carried away :laugh:

Download the picture in full resolution here: www.tamiyabase....na_lid.jpg (2,4 MB)

Let me know if you need further measurements.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Quattro/Ascona radio box lid 11 years 11 months ago #8747

Thanks Lars, that's fantastic! I have to say, I scare myself sometimes - it would appear that the only thing different between your lid & my guesswork is the way the back of the battery tray is chamfered. Other than that, it looks like mines right to the nearest mm! I shall celebrate with a custard dohnut

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.