Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 2 months ago #6017

O MY GOD!! You are a rocket scientist.. I have never dared to do something like this my self.. And it even works :) . beautifull

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 2 months ago #6020

Haha, thanks! Never be afraid to try, it's how you learn exactly what you're capable of (Of course it helps to have a shed full of machine tooling...)

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 2 months ago #6030

Hey, I missed this post earlier. That's some brilliant handywork. Respect. B)
The following user(s) Liked this: eddrick

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 2 months ago #6316

Did some more today - started on the body. Flared the rear arches (To incorporate the wider rear track of the F2 chassis), chopped the windows out & found an old ginger beer bottle to glaze them with, made body mounts (Internal type, like the Mu), bonnet scoop & headlight lenses (From a CD case). Can't see them yet, but the headlight lenses are engraved to look like proper ones, hoping they'll look the part when it's done
Attachments:

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 1 month ago #6733

....& TADA!
Can move on to fixing my 1/5 car now (Then progress to finishing the TXT)
Attachments:

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 1 month ago #6735

Wow - great result and a very cool body shell. :y:

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 1 month ago #6737

Ta! Came out quite well, even if I do say so myself! Might take a pic of it in natural light - it's a lovely deep red metal flake but you can't see it in these pics. Did you do a spot the difference with the first pic of the shell earlier in the post?
Off the subject, there's a kunena internal error message at the top of this page & that pic of TA02 gears appears to have found its way into this topic. When I saw the error message, I thought I'd try to get to this topic via my profile to see if it made a difference (Nope) & was told I'm not subscribed to any topics?! Pics loaded up ok though

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 1 month ago #6739

The exhausts are a brilliant detail. B)

On the off topic subject - I've noticed the internal error message too and informed Lars about it.
Doesn't seem to have much consequence though...
The picture appearing in this thread is most likely because the file name reoccured.
Before (I think) the software used to ignore the latest picture but now it replaces the original.
I have seen a Grasshopper illustration pop up in my Manta Ray thread also because of this...
My current 'solution' is to give all the pics I attach a very specific name.

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 1 month ago #6740

Gotta have zorsts....
I did wonder if the error was related to my profile as it only appears (For me) when I view topics I'm subscribed too (Or rather was, but not now). I'm not getting email reply alerts now either

Re: F2 58013 chassis causing dazed confusion! 12 years 1 month ago #6743

I suspect it has to do with the automatic subscribing to threads... which has now also disappeared from the menu. :huh:
Getting an internal error message with every post or edit I do myself btw...

Last edit: by Edou.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.