Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 2x Thunder Dragons - the good & the ugly 11 years 4 months ago #14996

Cheers Edou!

Posh car currently has 5 bids (approx 30 quid) & 39 watching!
Amazed at how much interest it's generated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2x Thunder Dragons - the good & the ugly 11 years 4 months ago #15016

I see it went for 53 GBP (so c. 43 GBP after all the fees?) ... I'd would have thought it would have raised about a bit more, so I wonder what went "wrong"?

The clocks changing from BST to GMT last week would have messed up your end time (so it was outside that magic 2100 to 2200 window), but I also wonder if lots of people would have been out watching/launching fireworks; I also wonder if the lack of paint put people off?

Re: 2x Thunder Dragons - the good & the ugly 11 years 4 months ago #15031

Really? I was fairly shocked it went for that much! It's paid for the overall project & left me with cash in my pocket to get the girlfriend's birthday present, so I'm happy.
As for the clock change, yeah I noticed I was "diddled" out of an hour on the end time, I paid for the scheduled start so it would end at 8, & yes I forgot about the fireworks too... I'm not very good at planning that sort of stuff!
Having said that, I reckon the clock change was why I got that XR311 cheaper, so it's all worked out really. Gonna have to watch that in future though.

As for the paint, I know I'd rather buy something that DOESN'T require removal of paint that's not up to my standards or a colour scheme I don't like - I tend to take the attitude "It's not for me & I don't know what the new owner likes". It's also the reason I don't "hop-up" the stuff I plan to sell, it could be the new owner wants to keep the originality of plastic bearings, silvercan etc.

The bloke I bought my Cheetah bits said a similar thing - he said he'd noticed people would rather buy something in original, battered/tatty condition than something that has been "restored" by someone who's skills are an unknown.
From the other side, when buying real cars/bikes etc, my heart always sinks when the buyer announces "I took the stereo out & put a posh one in" as it invariably means the dashboard needs to come out to check/replace the fried/hacked wiring behind it...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.