Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: XR311 restoration 11 years 3 months ago #16462

Yeah I agree totally with the "I found this in the garage, lets make it go" thing, after all, it's only saddos like us that ever get upset about someone breaking old toys! Funnily enough though, although it makes me cringe, I do enjoy watching the pre-70s banger events at the local track...

Yep, I thought the chassis may have been "altered" to accept a stick pack at first (Cos Tamiya hard-case packs are difficult to know about let alone source when you're that out of touch with the rarity of the toy car you're vandalising), but then I realised that even with the mod, there's still not enough room to get one in. That & the connection method (Terminal blocks) was what made me think "lead-acid?". Of course, given what else has gone on with it, the power source needn't even have been battery power... I don't even want to think about this any more!

Despite the whining, I'm still really pleased with it, it's a nice largely original & unscathed used example of one of these, & I'm pretty sure I couldn't have landed such a good one for so little money if I'd actually been properly looking for one.
Looks great sat next to my Cheetah too!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.