Keyword

TOPIC:

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 10 years 6 months ago #25277

Hi Jonny, thats very old school!.

Thanks Andyaus

Goldduster360 - yeah overall the body is in pretty good shape. I have two cracks to fix, but they aren't too bad.

As for the lexan, I have 0.25 mm thick lexan, which I think should do the trick. The fun part will be getting it to attach and not letting it sag.

BTW, anyone know how to tell the difference between an 58005, 58008 or re-re body? I know the wing was chrome on mine, which indicates 58008, but that could of been added. Are there any other indicators?

ok, time to also start polishing the chassis. The one I bought look unused and is polishing up well,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 10 years 6 months ago #25283

A white colour-coded Lambourghini Countach - you can't get more 80's than that!

When I was 17 I wanted to colour code the bumbers on my mum's white Mini Metro, but she wouldn't let me :laugh:

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 10 years 6 months ago #25315

A white colour-coded Lambourghini Countach - you can't get more 80's than that!

When I was 17 I wanted to colour code the bumbers on my mum's white Mini Metro, but she wouldn't let me :laugh:

I think the first time I saw a white lamborghini was on Miami Vice. Hmm, now I want to play my Miami Vice soundtrack (LP of course!) :lol:

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 10 years 6 months ago #25577

minor update, I sprayed one layer of undercoat, but silly me didn't clean the spray booth too well, resulting in a light coasting of dust! Luckily not too hard to remove. I also sanded back some of the edges and filled some gaps around the side air intakes.

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 10 years 6 months ago #25578

:pinch: love it when stuff gets in my fresh paint :pinch:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 10 years 6 months ago #25596

:) You have a lot of job. Light sanding, another spraying resanding... . But your result will be amazing :y:

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 10 years 6 months ago #25734

not so much an update, but more of a revelation. After the first undercoat and sand, I applied another white undercoat, which again came out terrible. No runs, but lots of dust again plus the paint wasn't even in places. What this really means is I need something better for a spray booth that just a cardboard box :blink: . My biggest issue seems to me that there is no air extraction/ventilation. Well a quick search on the internet provided a wealth of information on building a cheap but proper spray box. I have pretty much everything I need to build one, I just need the time :blink: I think I'll also build in a rotating table, should be simple enough to do.

My second problem was that I had intended to make this as the 58005 version, but I've realised that the chassis plate is from the CS version and won't fix the plastic steering box I have. Luckily I have the 50079 special steering parts, and I think I have the right gearbox too. But if I build it as a 58008 version, I technically should have diplo tires (thats not going to happen on my budget!) and a chrome wing, but these are minor points I am going to have to live with :ohmy:

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 10 years 6 months ago #25735

HI!... I never use a paint booth when i paint anything RC. I wash anything thats going to be painted in warm water and dish soap. Then i blow off gently with compressed air. I have a old Recycle box that i flip upside down on the floor in my garage. Then i do very light coats in stages, holding the spray can about 10-14 inches away. Mine always come out perfect.

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 10 years 6 months ago #25736

yeah, that almost kinda what I've done in the past, usually without too many dramas (except the missus complaining about the smell!). I'm still keen to build a spray paint box though, as I want this one to be pretty good, plus I have a number of projects in the pipeline where this will come in handy. Also with it vented, I can use dettol or oven cleaner with a bit more safety

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 2 months ago #36821

hmm, its probably time I finished this one :)

So while waiting for the last of my vac former parts to arrive I'm started painting the top coats. Not 100% happy with the paint job as its run in two places and I messed up the base coat a little. Still, I don't really have the time to start again, so for now it will have to do. The next step will be to paint the black detail on the windows in, paint the wheel rims (they will also be white) and work out if the windscreen I have can be cleaned up or if I have to make another one. I've also got to work out if this is going to be a 58005 model or a 58008 version. I have wheels and steering assembly for 58005, but only realised yesterday that the main chassis plate is for 58008 version. So will have to look into my box of parts and see if I have a spare, earlier chassis base plate.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.