Airtronics servo 94102 5 years 3 days ago #54678

hi need help
i try to use this servo to the wrong receiver and i burned them out
i need to know how to fix the servos what parts i need to get them moving again
Airtronics servo 94102

thanks very much

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Airtronics servo 94102 5 years 3 days ago #54684

First of all, you need to take out the wires in the connector to place them in correct order to work with modern stuff.
Ususally, the signal is the one located to the center of the receiver, red in the middle and ground on the outer edge of the receiver case.

Motor is probl okay, so if your don't need it to period correct inside, buy a cheap new servo and move the wires and board over the old servo and solder the old motor to the new circutboard. if so you don't have to mess with the plug wires at all.

Airtronics servo 94102 5 years 1 day ago #54709

thanks for your info
do u know what blow up inside the servo
i know u need to change the wire to use on a modern receiver
i just used the wrong receiver and now they dont work at all
i got another one coming what i might do is take off all the parts then change the parts one at a time till the servo starts working again
i just though someone has all ready done this

Airtronics servo 94102 4 years 11 months ago #54751

thanks for your info
do u know what blow up inside the servo
i know u need to change the wire to use on a modern receiver
i just used the wrong receiver and now they dont work at all
i got another one coming what i might do is take off all the parts then change the parts one at a time till the servo starts working again
i just though someone has all ready done this

In terms of "blowing up" it's eiter the circut board inside that burns up or the servo gears let go.
I have in 29 years of rc never has a actual servo motor go bad, it is allways the circuit board or print card or whatwver you call it.
There is usually a small item on the circuit board that fail or burns up or rather melt caused by the heat.
Had several cheap servo's go bad on me in the past, it's due the lack of quality components on the circuit board.

If it was me I could take the guts from a new servo inside your servo, and only reuse the motor and the gears.
I would also suggest to use a receiver from the same period as the servo if you stay with your old servo, but perhaps a other brand sp wiring will not be a issue..
All other servo's than Sanwa/Airtronics are using the standard placement in the servo plug, even the old ones.

I guess both your receiver and servo is fried, so at least you need a new receiver and a new servo to use or fit the guts of the new one into the old servo.
Pay attension if the Sanwa/Airtronics has their old wiring configuration or they use the later standard setup.
I think Sanwa changed the layout in late 80s I think.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Airtronics servo 94102 4 years 11 months ago #54752

For the purpose I can make a "HOW TO" on how to fit a modern circuit into a old servo if you are unsure what is going on inside a servo.

Most servo is basicly the same with gears on top, a motor on at one side that goes into the bottom of the servo casing.
The wires are entering one of the short sides at the bottom of the case and goes to the circuit board.
Then two wires are going from the board to the motor.
Board can be fasten in serval ways depending on size and what periode it comes from.
Some motors are even soldered directly to the board so there is now wires going to the motor.

Servo is really a simple device.
Under one of the gears there is a potensiometer that is also connected to the board, with either legs or wires.
That potmeter is controlling how far the servo can turn each way.
Some of us removes that pot meter for a couple of 2.2k pot meters to allow it to center it more.
Also handy if you want to make a winch out of a servo.
If so you will laso remove a stop pin on the main gear.

But if you are unsure I can go ahead and make a how to if you want

Airtronics servo 94102 4 years 11 months ago #54777

have a look at this

Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus. Reason: Picture insert
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.