Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Enable reverse function rather than brake (from controller) 4 years 11 months ago #55039

• nz
  • nz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
I have a trigger controller with wheel on the side.
When pushing the trigger up/away the car brakes.
How can I make the car reverse instead of braking?
Would reverse be bad for the gears of something? I feel reverse is more useful if the car gets stuck and you need to reverse it.

Thanks!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Enable reverse function rather than brake (from controller) 4 years 11 months ago #55041

It is a esc trimming matter. Some esc haven't reverse. Other ones need to be trimmed to have the the reverse function. What is your esc?

Enable reverse function rather than brake (from controller) 4 years 11 months ago #55042

You didn't give us much to go on. What kind of controller are you using? An old mechanical speed controller doesn't have brakes, so reversing the control just reverses the polarity on the motor. Electronic speed controllers come in a myriad of types. Reverse isn't allowed in most races, so many controllers either don't have reverse or have a way to disable it. If it is disabled then you just need to turn it back on. The means of doing that depends on your controller. Sometimes it is a jumper, sometimes you program with a set button on the unit, and sometimes you need a programming card. If your car does have reverse, reverse won't engage until after you've used the brakes. It is a two step process to avoid going directly from forward to reverse. First you push forward once to put on the brakes, then you release the trigger and push again to go into reverse.

Enable reverse function rather than brake (from controller) 4 years 11 months ago #55044

The super champ msc had a semi break function in my remember.
But I think that nz has an esc.

Enable reverse function rather than brake (from controller) 4 years 11 months ago #55047

• nz
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Thanks both.
It's hard to read part numbers but..

Controller model: FS GT6
ESC: Fly Sky FS-63RE

Enable reverse function rather than brake (from controller) 4 years 11 months ago #55048

The Flysky FS-63RE is a receiver and the FS GT6 is a transmitter. These don't have anything to do with the problem you are having. We're looking for the type of electronic speed controller (ESC) you are using. This would be the component that the battery plugs into.

Last edit: by blakbird.

Enable reverse function rather than brake (from controller) 4 years 11 months ago #55049

• nz
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
I'm new to RC and learning with your help!

Tamiya TEU-101BK
is that the ESC?

Enable reverse function rather than brake (from controller) 4 years 11 months ago #55054

I'm new to RC and learning with your help!

Tamiya TEU-101BK
is that the ESC?

Yes! The TEU-101BK is one of Tamiya's oldest ESCs. You can get the manual at this link . According to this, reverse is off if the red light flashes twice when you turn it on. To turn reverse back on, hold down the set button while turning the car on, then release the button. Now the red light should blink only once and reverse should work.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, nz

Enable reverse function rather than brake (from controller) 4 years 11 months ago #55055

• nz
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Thank you so much!!
That's very helpful!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.