Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Batteries - NIMH - What's Best! Struggling with my Current Equipment 4 years 11 months ago #55158

Remember if you are using a B6 charger or something like that you actually have to push the start button twice to make it charge.
At least those computer chargers I have been into..

And NiMh can benefit to be drained fully before being charged (set to discharge), something you can't do with a Lipo battery.
Also a NiMh can be a bit warm while being charged, pretty normal.

I remember in the early 90s I charged my NiMh and Nicad with a normal car charger and my batteries got allmost too hot to touch.
Think I charged my batteries for 40min or so and I got 12-15min of runtime of my 1200 batteries in my stock Lunchbox.

These days I get about 1 hour run time in my modified Lunchbox with a 4000mAh 2s Lipo battery.
I'm using Lipo these days simply because a Lipo battery will give better accleration than a NiMh.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Batteries - NIMH - What's Best! Struggling with my Current Equipment 4 years 11 months ago #55159

Hey Caprinut
I'm sorry I don't know what a B6 Charger is...I have a plain "vanilla" ...plug-it-in-the-wall Duramax Onyx 210 charger
This one you have to hold-down the start button

Thank you for your thoughts!!
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.