Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

power for receiver 4 years 10 months ago #55356

• AJB
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
PS The nearest I've got to new cars is that I've almost finished a Honda City Turbo now too! Old body, newer chassis. But that one's not really about speed!! And I haven't finished or run it yet anyway.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

power for receiver 4 years 10 months ago #55357

I can't really speak for new cars compared to old. I discovered about a year ago that they'd re-released various old cars, including the Fox (as the Nova-Fox). Mine had retired to the cupboard, and then to loft, back in the 80s once it wore out its second set of driveshafts, and the second set of steering/suspension ball joints were starting to pop apart too. I'd always wondered back in the day if there were dogbone driveshafts from another car which might fit and be more reliable, and suddenly I could easily buy Nova-Fox driveshafts and fix it up. So I did! It brought back loads of good memories!

Then enjoyed doing that so much that I ended up buying and building a re-release Wild One too - I remember loving the Wild One when someone brought one into school once.

Then enjoyed doing that so much that I ended up buying and building a re-release HotShot too - I remember a group of us being amazed that an RC car could have working 4WD when someone brought one into school - plus I love the crazy rear suspension!!!
There was a easy transformation for the fox. Put a boomerang rear diffs plates nuts and dogbones. ;)

A few photos I've posted are on these pages:
Fox (part way down page)
More of Fox on next page here
Wild One
Hotshot (part way down page)

power for receiver 4 years 10 months ago #55360

• AJB
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!

There was a easy transformation for the fox. Put a boomerang rear diffs plates nuts and dogbones. ;)

When you say "plates" do you mean the whole gearbox case? That'd bring the motor in front of the axle instead of behind? Does that all fit?! I had no idea!

I just remember that 16 year old me thought that new driveshafts were really expensive! And other people's cars with dogbones seemed to have their driveshafts hold up much better. Normally I'd want to keep it all vintage, and part of me still thinks I should have got NOS hex driveshafts for it last year. But given it's a mod I wanted to make 30 years ago it seemed reasonable to go with rere driveshafts now!

power for receiver 4 years 10 months ago #55365

Not gear cases. Only the complete diff.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.