Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Servo connector question 4 years 7 months ago #56383

Finally found my old RC parts box and I have several Futaba servos with the prongs sticking out style connector is there an adapter to plug these into the modern common receivers?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Servo connector question 4 years 7 months ago #56384

Futaba servos still come with the tab on the side of the connector to this day. To use with a receiver using flat connectors, just cut off the tab with a sharp knife. No adapter necessary. It is only there as a polarity indicator to keep you from plugging it in backwards.

Servo connector question 4 years 7 months ago #56385

Like said blackbird cut it. Be careful if you want to use a vintage sanwa receptor. Polarity is inverted. Same matter with some ko rx.

Servo connector question 4 years 7 months ago #56543

Hi there,
I am old enough to remember the type of connector you are talking about. This was the Futaba G style connector. You can convert them to the new J style by changing the plugs over. Check online for the plugs, the ones I have used do lack the extra piece sticking out so you need to be aware of what way you plug it into the receiver but they work just fine in the end, Futaba always made good quality servos they have never failed me.
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: Pintom

Servo connector question 4 years 7 months ago #56544

Thank you!!

Servo connector question 4 years 7 months ago #56546

Hi there,
I am old enough to remember the type of connector you are talking about. This was the Futaba G style connector. You can convert them to the new J style by changing the plugs over. Check online for the plugs, the ones I have used do lack the extra piece sticking out so you need to be aware of what way you plug it into the receiver but they work just fine in the end, Futaba always made good quality servos they have never failed me.

Nor mine. Some used in my mrc rabbit dad.
I only have problems with my futaba attack sr grey transmitters.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.