Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CVA super mini shock length 4 years 6 months ago #56914

• AJB
  • AJB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Does anyone know what length the CVA super mini shocks build to? From the database I can see that the 50519 mini shock II builds to 55/64/67/70 mm, but I can't find equivalent info for the super mini 54753 or 50746 (I'm assuming these are the same as each other - just one is 4 with springs and the other 2 without)?

I'm thinking the mini might be too long for my WR-02C Honda City turbo as its friction shocks measure at 52mm. Even if I got away with building the mini down to 55mm, I think I'm right in saying that they don't have a whole lot of travel once you've put spacers in there to shorten them? So I'm wondering if super mini would work better.

Just trying to work out how best to stop its front bumper crashing into the ground when it comes down from wheelies!

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CVA super mini shock length 4 years 6 months ago #56915

Does anyone know what length the CVA super mini shocks build to? From the database I can see that the 50519 mini shock II builds to 55/64/67/70 mm, but I can't find equivalent info for the super mini 54753 or 50746 (I'm assuming these are the same as each other - just one is 4 with springs and the other 2 without)?

I'm thinking the mini might be too long for my WR-02C Honda City turbo as its friction shocks measure at 52mm. Even if I got away with building the mini down to 55mm, I think I'm right in saying that they don't have a whole lot of travel once you've put spacers in there to shorten them? So I'm wondering if super mini would work better.

Just trying to work out how best to stop its front bumper crashing into the ground when it comes down from wheelies!

Thanks in advance!

Not a direct answer to your question, but this is what I posted on oil shocks on my pink WR-02 Wheeler build:

I felt this really deserved better than the kit friction dampers, so fitted a set of CVAs (Edit- "WR-02 C.V.A. Mini Shock Unit Set II Yellow Style", part # 84531) - parts needed to get the shock free & compressed lengths the same as the kit + an appropriate stiffness were the kit springs, kit bump stop tube cut down to 5mm, the shorter spacer under the piston, and the shorter end fittings.

TBH that was some time ago & I don't really remember - but looking at that photo now, those CVAs look shorter ...

:)

CVA super mini shock length 4 years 6 months ago #56916

• AJB
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Thanks Jonny! I can't see a Tamiya 84531 available anywhere - do you happen to know if that's the same as 50519 (the current mini II as far as I can tell)? Interesting that yours look shorter - from what I could tell they'd end up longer even built to their shortest! Wonder if I've measured incorrectly or misunderstood some measurement...

Also I realise from your reply that I've stupidly gone and posted this in "Introduce yourself here!". Sorry all! Is there any way to correct that?

CVA super mini shock length 4 years 6 months ago #56917

Thanks Jonny! I can't see a Tamiya 84531 available anywhere - do you happen to know if that's the same as 50519 (the current mini II as far as I can tell)? Interesting that yours look shorter - from what I could tell they'd end up longer even built to their shortest! Wonder if I've measured incorrectly or misunderstood some measurement...

Also I realise from your reply that I've stupidly gone and posted this in "Introduce yourself here!". Sorry all! Is there any way to correct that?

I believe 50519 are the same shocks, just in pairs & not in the "limited edition" colours ... and they look superficially similar to the 50746 Super Mini CVA shocks, although those have (?) shorter shafts? The 54753 Super Mini shocks look to have smaller/shorter bodies and srpings, though they might build to the same length :whistle:

I've moved the topic to the "Vintage Tamiya" - "Technical" section, which is still not 100% right but is a bit better ;)

CVA super mini shock length 4 years 6 months ago #56921

• AJB
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!

I've moved the topic to the "Vintage Tamiya" - "Technical" section, which is still not 100% right but is a bit better ;)

Thanks for sorting my blunder!

And your post also made me realise I'd missed an excuse to post a photo of it!
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Last edit: by AJB.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.