Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 540 "Silvercan" Motor Variations 3 years 9 months ago #60091

Hi I'm looking for a vintage motor that fits A vintage sand Scorcher. Does anybody knows if the attached one is good? Thanks

Wow, old thread alert ... I don't really know, my feeling is it would "probably" fit, buy IMO it's a bit early, I would be looking for a black plastic end bell Mabuchi, preferably one with two slots on the other end of the can.

TBH there doesn't seem to be much appetite for having the "correct" 540 silvercan (or what "correct" is), other than for where it's really needed (Wild Willy M38, original Willy's wheeler & others that use the same gearbox).

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63
The topic has been locked.

Re: 540 "Silvercan" Motor Variations 3 years 9 months ago #60093

I had a matter with my mabuchis on the srb chassis. There is a pin to maintain the motor and too recent motors don't fit

Re: 540 "Silvercan" Motor Variations 3 years 9 months ago #60096

I had a matter with my mabuchis on the srb chassis. There is a pin to maintain the motor and too recent motors don't fit

Nothing some Powertools can't fix 😉
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re: 540 "Silvercan" Motor Variations 3 years 9 months ago #60105

Nothing some Powertools can't fix 😉

Of course, but that's not my approach for solving issues in this case... 😉

540 "Silvercan" Motor Variations 3 years 9 months ago #60165

so is tamiyabase going to do a full topic and pic on all the motors 540 motors ?
would be good to see them all
all so the 380 motor too there a lot different ones with different end bells and shafts length
thanks very much for the post

540 "Silvercan" Motor Variations 3 years 9 months ago #60167

so is tamiyabase going to do a full topic and pic on all the motors 540 motors ?
would be good to see them all
all so the 380 motor too there a lot different ones with different end bells and shafts length
thanks very much for the post

TBH I don't think anyone cares enough, I know I don't have the enthusiasm to research silvercan motors any further.

:)

540 "Silvercan" Motor Variations 3 years 9 months ago #60606

Maybe this is the last Johnson silvercan motor released by Tamiya:

datasheet
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.