Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

50009 axle dimensions (For achmedachmed) 12 years 3 months ago #5532

Another drawing which may be useful to others (I hear this part is difficult to obtain).
Enjoy!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 50009 axle dimensions (For achmedachmed) 12 years 3 months ago #5543

THANKS!! This is great to see all measured out :blink:

Yes I found this axle very hard to find as a spare part. Lets say you have a NIB Gearcase for the Porsche 934/935 or the 936/Countach or the CS Countach/Celica LB or the F1 cars and some more .. You will still need an NIB Axle.. I got a mildly used one for 10 euro, only saw 1 NIB sold for $30 at Jason's store. The only way to use these NIB gearcases is to cannibalise a used vintage car..

I will try to make some pictures for you tommorow :D

Feraz

Re: 50009 axle dimensions (For achmedachmed) 12 years 3 months ago #5566

i could probably get some of these made if there is enough interest. making 1 or 2 would probably be cost inhibitive but may be an order of 5 or more could work out beneficial

Re: 50009 axle dimensions (For achmedachmed) 12 years 3 months ago #5567

I could knock em out piecemeal for a tenner..

Re: 50009 axle dimensions (For achmedachmed) 12 years 3 months ago #5578

I only have one of those early cars and found my axle last year. I dont plan to collect more of these cars in parts.. Harder than a needle in a haystack

Here are some pictures of that axle. You cant use quite some spare parts whitout it, keep that in mind :silly:

Feraz

Re: 50009 axle dimensions (For achmedachmed) 12 years 3 months ago #5638

From what I've seen, most of the bits from the early cars could be fairly easily reproduced if you were struggling to find them (as long as you have the dimensions or a spare to copy & didn't mind non-original bits) - most engineering firms (Or privateers) can do it for the right price

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.