Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Any advice on how to replicate window stickers? 9 years 5 days ago #34115

• Chimuel
  • Chimuel's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
So I was putting together my vintage Tamiya TL01 based '97 Celica Monte Carlo 1/10 car and I stupidly ripped one of the window stickers. I've since figured out that the wet method works best for applying stickers and now I am having a hard time finding replacement sticker sets since this kit is so old!

Anyone have any experience in replicating these windows? I have experience in photoshop and have access to a scanner and printer, just need to know what sort of materials I should be looking into to replicate the original window stickers.

Attached is a picture of the full sticker sheet with the side windows that I need to replicate.

Thank you!

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus. Reason: Photo insert.

Any advice on how to replicate window stickers? 9 years 4 days ago #34119

I think the best homemade option is going to be self adhesive vinyl film - grey metallic is an ok match for the window, with basic black for the surrounds. Check out tamiyabase.com/...r-own.html :)

The alternative would be to contact Canadian eBay seller MCI Racing stores.ebay.co....7675.l2563

The following user(s) Liked this: Chimuel

Any advice on how to replicate window stickers? 9 years 4 days ago #34120

• Chimuel
  • Chimuel's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
I saw this on the site but I still can't tell based on the pictures if it will be transparent like the original ones I have.

Glad to hear back finally!

Last edit: by Chimuel.

Any advice on how to replicate window stickers? 9 years 4 days ago #34121

You can use a standard smoking film for 1/1 car Windows. I used that on my terra scorcher.
The following user(s) Liked this: Chimuel

Any advice on how to replicate window stickers? 6 years 5 months ago #46443

I don't like Tamiya window film as it is not transparent. Wrap Up Next has window film in different shades:
www.rcmart.com/...nt&x=0&y=0

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.