Keyword

TOPIC:

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 9 months ago #55750

Sure it's not a off road rc :D

LOL , No definitely a road racer :P
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 9 months ago #55773

When your MIL sends you some cash for your Birthday that was in Feb? And you've already bought another Vintage RC .. 0 guilt :whistle: Kyosho PRO-X :P

Attachments:

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 9 months ago #55791

My Group C Porsche body arrived today, Shortened the chassis (260mm) then trimmed and fitted the body B)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by AndyAus.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 9 months ago #55799

Lovely 956.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 9 months ago #55917

Definitely not kept in a dry place, All exposed metal has rust, The wing is warped and the Tyres are completely rotten :ohmy: The Body however has protected everything under it :) perfect restoration project :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, caprinut, stingray-63

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 9 months ago #55995

Oh, very nice Lars!
Built a black one myself a few years back lots of fun in a small package! :laugh:

I could not help myself either and bought another basket case project.......

Yep, for those that saw it, .......the horrible Ranger body!........ Now featuring bad zebra paint and pencil flames!!! :laugh::laugh:

To be honest the flames are nicely laid out, someone had a good eye for them.

The best part is........... it's a real one!!

It has some broken bits, it's just the shell but I think I can make a go of it. It is fairly solid other then the front corners there is no major damage really, the hood pin hole is not even smashed through. :laugh:

I am not sure why I decided to get this orphan, it was very cheap, and it needed to be. The shipping cost more then the selling price. Also for years I have mostly ridiculed Tamiya's idea of this truck, I mean a Ford truck on a VW chassis! :ohmy:

Come on what were they thinking! I had a very good complete chassis years ago that I traded away :cry: because I said I would never build one. :laugh:
I don't know why lately I have come around to wanting one though, I really don't. I think it might just be to complete the trifecta of SRB's or something. :dry: Got to have at least one of each I guess ..... I think its nuts.
Glad I didn't spend a lot on it, I have most of the other parts ( I think) so I might not be too bad.

I just checked in on a boxed one that was selling on spendbay and it closed at $1691.00 US dollars !!!!!! Sorry but I think that's nuts for this bodge job kit! That's almost $2100 Canadian dollars! for a Ranger!! that's Hilux money man, not Ford/VW money. Just when you think you have seen it all. :unsure:
Are they really that rare? Were they so ugly people didn't buy them?? OK, OK I don't think its ugly, the Ford stepside body is great it is just the whole VW buggy chassis thing. :sick:

But then again people bought the RC10T :side:

Built thread to follow....;)

hi, can i ask a favor, how far is the rear body post hole from the rear window?

thanks

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 9 months ago #56002

Hello there!
No problem at all. I am assuming you have a Blackfoot body you want to modify I was hanging on to one for the same reason but it wasn't very good and I could never find the info for the mounts either so.........

The mount hole is 2.678" or 68mm from the front edge of the box cover to the center of the hole. The hole is 0.187" or 4.75mm in diameter.

The rear body mounts are centered on the hole at 2.283" or 58mm apart and about 0.435" or 11mm high to where the roll bar would rest in it

The switch hole you see in front of it is 0.629" or 16m by 1.368" or 34.75mm long in size and the front of the hole is 1.488" or 37.8mm from the same front edge of the box cover.

There is also a oblong hole at the rear for the antenna. The rear edge of the hole is 0.385" or 9.78mm from the rear edge of the box cover,
the right edge of the hole is 1.634" or 41.5mm from the right edge of the box cover and the hole it's self is 0.163" or 4.14mm by 0.588" or 14.93mm long with rounded ends.

If you draw it out I am sure this will make sense. ;) Those are all the measurements I wished I could find when I was looking to convert a Blackfoot body.

I believe the front mount hole is the same but my Blackfoot body had the hole smashed out so I can't really tell if it is the same.

So the Ranger body has the hole at 1.858" or 47.19mm from the front edge of the windshield to the center of the hole if you want to check it too. :y:

Hopefully I will get around to cleaning and fixing that Ranger shell soon, I have dug out a tailgate and driver tree from my stash and the old Blackfoot body donated the grill assembly, decals from MCI racing too. If I had a clear windshield I would be happy, guess I will keep my eyes open for one or try and vac-form a new one from one of the tinted ones.....

Hope this helps :)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 9 months ago #56003

@oldwilly,

Thank You very much, yes, i have a blackfoot body and wanted to convert it to ranger xlt, thanks a lot, i will make a sketch and trace it to the back cover

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 8 months ago #56029

Got me this nice wheeler in a new partially built condition!
Should be delivered starting next week

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 4 years 8 months ago #56032

A lovely honda :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.