Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage sand buggy 4 years 10 months ago #55654

I have been given this by a relative have no idea of what its worth etc. I may restore it so any ideas where to get the parts anyone please?
It has remote control and works fine.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Vintage sand buggy 4 years 10 months ago #55655

That is a 1980 onwards Holiday Buggy , value in that condition is 80 GBP max, the missing lights, jerry cans & bumper are all the same on the 2010 re-release, but the wheels/tyres/body are all different on the "new" model. Decals now have fake sponsor names. Ebay is probably your best source for parts.

TBH the fact that it's painted over the blue polyethylene body is a problem, you could strip it back but it's never getting back to shiny factory blue; repainting is also problematic as adhesion is a problem. Personally I think I'd strip & repaint that yukky roof, add the missing bits and enjoy it as is :)

Vintage sand buggy 4 years 10 months ago #55657

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I think Jonny has said everything that needs to be said. The body is in good shape, apart from the paint job. You weren’t supposed to paint this shell.
If you want to restore, rear tyres are probably the most expensive part to find. Usually about £50.00. Front tyres seem to be cheaper.
The re-release as Jonny said will give you all the missing body parts for about £10.
The other thing to look at is, has it got the 380 motor (small ) or has it got the optional 540 motor and special motor mount, which came as an optional extra with the Sand Rover.
The correct front bumper about £10 -12 is easily available thanks to the Sand Scorcher/ Buggy Champ re-release.
Enjoy.
The following user(s) Liked this: Tinks1966

Last edit: by Al.

Vintage sand buggy 4 years 9 months ago #55665

Thanks for info what do you recommend to strip the paint ?

Vintage sand buggy 4 years 9 months ago #55667

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi, if you can find it Mykal De-Solv it Graffiti remover. I think it might have been repackaged, you used to be able to get it in B&Q.
Or Graffiti Go from Tool Station, I've not used this one myself, but was recommended it by another TamiyaBse member, being Purple Rob who I'd be only too happy to trust, he has an amazing collection.
I know people also use Dot 3 / 4 break cleaner, never tried this.

Vintage sand buggy 4 years 9 months ago #55668

The following user(s) Liked this: Tinks1966

Vintage sand buggy 4 years 9 months ago #55669

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Jonny, will it work on my typo's.

Vintage sand buggy 4 years 9 months ago #55670

Nails clear remover from lidl works fine to ( used on lexan by a known french guy

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.