Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Monster Beetle... 3 years 10 months ago #60281

Holy F... I just got an 1st generation Monster Beetle... And i am seriously a little speechless. Never ever have i seen such a badly treated RC. 🙄 Parts are ordered after a long period of thinking... Thinking if i rip it apart and sell the bits and pieces... But, somehow i am in love with this little bug.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Monster Beetle... 3 years 10 months ago #60286

That's looks to be a good base

Monster Beetle... 3 years 10 months ago #60288

Will try my very best :)... a little unhappy with the cut off of the front wheel fairings of the body...

Monster Beetle... 3 years 10 months ago #60291

Your chance is that all parts are rereleased and the rere transmission is largely better than the first one.

Monster Beetle... 3 years 10 months ago #60342

@stingray-63 ...oops, dunno where my first reply is... but: what would you replace? how can i check if old transmission? just change those white plastic gears to new one? put a little washer somewhere? thanks man...

Monster Beetle... 3 years 10 months ago #60345

In a first time, you have to check all the transmission parts. If the gear is worn you can replace it. After, you need to try it. If you ear cracks or if it doesn't run, you need to replace planetaries of the diff and outers parts. If you take rere parts, you also need dogbones and wheeles axles.

Monster Beetle... 3 years 10 months ago #60353

Another way is to download both the orginal manual if you don't have it and compare that with a re-re manual.
You should be able to tell which parts have been changed from the orginal one.
Orginal kit number is 58060 and the re-re from 2015 is 58618.
The latest re-re is the Black Edition #47419

The orginal gearbox used hex shaped dogbones that a prone to fall out or being rounded.
I have never had that problem with mine.

Monster Beetle... 3 years 10 months ago #60359

My matter on my blackfoot are the teeth on the diff outers wich use and no more traction

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.