Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53508

I got this today. The original speed controller for the Toyota Hilux 3 speed.
I now have all the parts for a build.
It’s in really good condition, I always find that photos sometimes don’t do a part justice. I got it post Christmas which I’ve found is a good time to get lucky.
Last year I picked up an original Blackfoot for the body, grill and rear panel because they still had the “ Ford “ logos and the grill is still the same as the original SRB Ranger.

This year is going be spent building and a lot of painting, but hopefully not buying.

The only bits I’m after this year are for the Blazing Blazer I’ve possibly got 80% of the bits for. I need to sort through that pile and get it organised.

I hope everyone has a good year with whatever projects they are lining up.

Al

Wich parts are you looking for for your blazer?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53509

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I got this today. The original speed controller for the Toyota Hilux 3 speed.
I now have all the parts for a build.
It’s in really good condition, I always find that photos sometimes don’t do a part justice. I got it post Christmas which I’ve found is a good time to get lucky.
Last year I picked up an original Blackfoot for the body, grill and rear panel because they still had the “ Ford “ logos and the grill is still the same as the original SRB Ranger.

This year is going be spent building and a lot of painting, but hopefully not buying.

The only bits I’m after this year are for the Blazing Blazer I’ve possibly got 80% of the bits for. I need to sort through that pile and get it organised.

I hope everyone has a good year with whatever projects they are lining up.

Al

Wich parts are you looking for for your blazer?

Hi Flo, both front knuckle arms, 4 hubs, gear shift the whole assembly, one or two wheel hubs, speed controller, the metal bit to hold the resistors, one leaf spring, motor with pinion, the plastic wheel inserts and the impossible bit a complete body !!! Front bumper.

Cheers for asking.
Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53510

The speed controler is easy to to find it is a black classic 3 speed msc. For the body good luck. I should have the parma lexan version of it but if you want I have a pair of rear lights in repro for you. Maybe but not sure a black msc.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53511

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

The speed controler is easy to to find it is a black classic 3 speed msc. For the body good luck. I should have the parma lexan version of it but if you want I have a pair of rear lights in repro for you. Maybe but not sure a black msc.

Hi Flo,
Many thanks for the help. I’ll get together what I have and take a view. Is the lexan shell still available ?
Cheers mate,
Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53515

Hi Flo,
Many thanks for the help. I’ll get together what I have and take a view. Is the lexan shell still available ?
Cheers mate,
Al

I don't know. I bought it for my painting experiences more than 20 years ago. But it is very ugly.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53545

Ssoooooo I have a beat up Merc Group C body sitting around, Poorly cut & Decalled not to mention the impact damage on the front :S Of course to good to throw out so what do I do? You guessed it, I keep a look out for a suitable chassis :laugh: Well this one popped up so I grabbed it ;) Added some better wheels I had, Spring's in the front and lengthened the chassis out :) The front wing looks to be off a Lotus 102b, I'm going to leave it on and make an alloy plate for the front body mounted, Should make a good runner :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53546

A nice groupC Andy. The body should be a good runner :)
I am waiting some money to modify my second F40 in a 300ZX IMSA. ;)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53549

Small delivery today.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, Oldtimer50

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53551

Small delivery today.

A 01R ! Good choice! :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 5 years 3 months ago #53553

I saved it from a lot. :)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.727 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.