Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72015

Still feeling pretty sick about this, 10 days after it arrived ... 

A very tidy looking Acoms mk.ii set came up on eBay, with possibly the best looking box I've seen. Based on that, I offered a BIIIG and ROUUUNNND amount of nearly twice as much as I've ever paid for one before.

Not only did the cretin I bought it from tape up the ends of the box, they packed it in a polythene bag - and nothing else - so all the corners got a thorough kicking in transit :S

On the plus side, at least now I won't have to feel guilty about "destroying" one of a very small number of NIB vintage examples if I come to use it   

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72018

Some are very bad at packageing!

I got a free Fox with a very nice Attack R radio.
The radio was just wrapped in a pladstic bag, and that ofcourse came unwrapped during shipment.
Chrome bits on the radio was all dented from the FOX hitting it.

Plus side it was free, only had to pay for postage.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72019

What a dirty shame Jonny.

Puts me in mind of a very nice Alfa Romeo (Tamiya) NIB body set I bought, in the really nice tan colored boxes, some years ago and the guy simply slathered a shipping label on it (using it a a piece of tape also to hold the box closed over a seam) and literally dropped it in the out going mail. As you can imagine it looked like it had been put through the wringer by the time I got it. I managed to make it nice and ended up using it on a car instead of putting it on the shelf.

Just use it and enjoy!! (That's what I did!) 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72021

The Galaxy I received recently had a mall box with all the hardware in... The seller had the motor inside that box, and the box collapsed during the travel. the bigger box was full of hardware, and there was even washers inside the motor... I did succeed to remove all of them, but that was pretty bad. Thanks there was no damage at the end....

You never know with the sellers how they are packaging the stuff. Some are doing it with belt, strap and a parachute, some are so bad at it you could complain later on. I highlighted the seller about it, to let him know it could have been a major issue if longer travel, and that some may set a complaint for less than this. Hope the guy will take that into account next time...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72023

I badly made the box of the 1/2 karting for Andy and it arrived exploded.... Cardbox exploded and plastics destroyed. I'm still disgusted. 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72062

​​​​​​ Got this wrecker model this afternoon in the mail. I had this one once before, purchased on our honeymoon 30 something years ago and had to get it again. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72098

Today the postman brought the complete set of pedals for my LeMans GT and two sheets of color modified decals for an upcoming 3-speed build from Nathan at MCI racing.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72113

Not exactly the postman, and not even sure a postman was involved to get it delivered where I got it...
I was at my brother's place, and has he has some tooling that I don't have, I showed him some stuff that I was not able to do due to lack of tooling. We took great pleasure at working together to tackle some of my rc stuff. He told me at the end, "I think I have an old car somewhere, I'm quite sure you can give it a second life"... And he sent his son to the attic to fetch a box and my nephew came back with a box...
Inside the box there was a chassis, an engine, two bodyshells (unpainted) and the stickers going with the body shells... There is two set of wheels with it (one offroad, and one onroad). And just to be clear : it's not a Marui Coors, it's 1/10, and the bodyshells are not the orginal ones.... I won't disclose it right way, I'll let you guess :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72115

Nice Marc. Was it a Tamiya?

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #72116

Well, this time it's not a Japanese brand... Mid nineties, was marketed under different brands... 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.