Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 8 months ago #72118

Kyosho graupner traxxas image models?
or yankee shaft t2m pirate 10 or or serie 5000 or thunder tiger série tuning
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 8 months ago #72119

land jumper? racing baja? rally sports? fairlady? benz 430?
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by poebe.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 8 months ago #72120

I don't know how Flo did it, but he almost found it.

It's a Yankee (or MFI) Shaft 1/10. It was one of those cars manufactured in Taiwan by Great Vigor, probably known under otehr brands in other countries. The front and rear cell are the same, and it would be possible to add more cells to make it 6x6 or 8x8 (or as much XxX you want :) ). The main difference between the Yankee and MFI branded chassis was the Yankee Concept marked on the bumper, which I don't have unfortunately, as it is a MFI branded car.

It's not the original bodyshell (it was supposedly a Alfa Romeo 155). The chassis is the same width and wheel base as a Coors. The two bodies are unpainted, with their original stickers. And for the small story, I have a friend who searches for the 306 Maxi bodysell for so long he almost lost hope. I just dropped him a message when I opened the box, and it will definitely help him (and I can see how much he is happy :) !). On my side, I'll keep the Clio Williams, I'll have to adapte body mounts for bodyshell (but nothing a 3D printer can't do)....

Not sure yet if I convert to electricity or if I keep it gas powered (I never succeed to get a GP motor running, but at least within the clubs, I have some people able to help me for this :) )...
We'll see... Another folder was added to the projects folder :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 8 months ago #72121

;)
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 8 months ago #72157

Was ordering some 1/24 stuff, and the Tamiya motors were reasonably cheap, and even better didn't increase postage cost.
I know the Torque Tuned isn't much step-up from the standard silver can.....  But I love the Tamiya packaging.  And do have a car I'm thinking to put it in.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 8 months ago #72164

I'm a bit of a sucker for the Tamiya packaging too, going as far as buying a "Hop Up" 540J  motor (which is blatantly the black metal endbell kit silvercan motor of a few years ago) just so I could have the box :D

I don't think I'd ever looked closely at the "Torque Tuned" motor, despite having them in Honda City Turbo kits and even bought one in a box. Having just read the box & label on one (only taken 10 years  ) there's no mention of turns on the box, but there is a rotation direction on the motor label. I hooked it up to a battery & it does spin a little faster in the "correct" direction than in reverse - so it's another 27T motor, this time with just a little advance.

I see that a lot of retailers describe them as "25T", but I think that's purely a marketing decision to place them between a kit silvercan (27T) and the old (black can) Sport Tuned being "23T" (only 23T equivalent, it was a 27T with advanced timing - and a seemingly unkillable "23T" myth). 

:) 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 8 months ago #72165

Only way to know for sure is to tear it down and count the number of turns :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 8 months ago #72167

I have a torque tuned in my mf01x but still not test it. 
+1 for the tamiya motor boxes. I love them to.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 8 months ago #72173

Yesterday I got a 3.2mm styrene sheet, and a package of 3.2x4.0mm beams.

And today I received a Spare Time Hobbies V1W M2 chassis kit with 6x6 extension kit that was on clearance sale.
This chassis will fit parts from several crawlers, like Axial SCX10, SCX10 II and Traxxas TRX-4 to name a few.
Since I now have a 3d printer I will print the bolt on parts myself that is download able from STH site.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 2.252 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.