Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35667

Some times we are not focusing on 1 particular build or even a build at all ;) Sometimes we are working on heaps of little things or just driving our RC's :) This thread is so you can share what you have been up to :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35668

I was curious to see how bad the paint was on the Sonic Fighter body :sick: so I ran it through the media cabinet, It wasn't to bad considering there was 2 layers of paint :pinch: The chassis also has 2 layers on it but the bottom layer on the chassis is much more stubborn :angry:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, mirrorman

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35670

:P I cleaned a little my bedroom at my parent's loft :whistle: :unsure: .
I refound a acoms mkV strange, some tools and rc unknown tools like these

if somebody can light me on these goodies...
Attachments:

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35689

Just finished listing 12 item's on Evilbay, mostly RC but some Motorcycle stuff :blink: 1 item received it's first bid within 30min of listing :) Plenty of watchers on all :pinch: JUST BID PEOPLE :laugh: :laugh:

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35748

Look's like I'm going to be able to save this body set :ohmy: Still plenty if sanding to do :S

Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35750

Last night I saw m'y daughter's step parents holidays pictures from Manly in Australia. That's the paradise. Just need money to visit this awesome country.
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, jord001

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35764

Hello Tamiyabase!

Well, today I decided to write my first post here. I have a few RC projects, most of them vintage cars from various makes. I installed a receiver and an ESC in my Kyosho Ultima Pro, and took it for a spin. It really is a blast to drive. It has the pink Tamiya Acto Power 2WD off road motor. Quite fast! The ball diff is very hard to adjust, so it is a bit too stiff, which results in some understeer. Other than that, I taught my three year old son to use a wire cutter, did a little work on my Royal Ripper (strange HotShot knockoff with 4WDS)and prepared to relist my Celica gr.b on ebay, because the buyer was only having fun bidding on it. Some pictures for your entertainment:

Tamiya/KoPropo Volac MS ESC and 40MHz FM receiver for my Graupner/JR X-756 transmitter. I will be getting another battery for it.

Ready to go! With Kyosho front tires and Schumacher CAT rear tires.

Pink power!

Off road tires and man at work!

To be continued...
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35765

Royal Ripper/Thunder Tiger The Tiger (?), with midget driver and generally odd appearance.

Stock 540 motor. A bit exposed.

No electronics yet. It will probably get a Tamiya MSC, at least for testing. I have never driven it before, I'm excited to see how it handles with the four wheel steering.

My Celica Gr.B. Once again heading for eBay.

Thats all for now. Have a nice RC day!
Attachments:

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35767

:woohoo: The celica looks awesome. The royal ripper is the same than the thunder tiger tiger. The Tiger is the french (european?) name. It is very similar to the hotshot. I had one but uncomplete.
Nice collection. And mini Nathan will have the virus be carefull :lol:

What did you do today? 8 years 5 months ago #35768

Thanks! Yes, it's a great looking little car, but I can't just leave it sitting on the shelf, so I'm selling it before I break it.

Funny about the Ripper. The box says Royal Ripper, the manual and decals say Thunder Tiger. It would make sense, that it is the european version - I live in Denmark, and it's probably purchased here. I got it from my friend's dad.

By the way, the mail man brought me a set of used wheels for my Kyosho Optima today. I have a set of new wheels, but I don't like using them on the tarmac. So the Optima was given a little exercise aswell as my TA-02 Ford F-150. My first hobby grade RC car, and my son's favourite for some reason. Purchased and built back in '96. Really lots of RC action today (don't think that everyday is like that for me!)

My TA-02. Used ordinary spray paint back then. Well, it looked nice for the first ten years.

Chassis is in good condition. Changed all the red bits a couple of years ago, as they were all cracking around the screws.

Unknown ESC and RX540VZ Technigold motor. It runs quite well!

My Optima with the new used wheels (the white ones) :)

Pink Acto-Power once again :) I got a good deal on them a couple of years ago. KoPropo VFS-1 ESC, best ESC I have ever tried.

Tires are a bit worn, but so is the body
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, TamiyafanTrieste, Lemsko

Last edit: by NathanDK. Reason: To avoid confusion...
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.616 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.