Wahooo amazing!
I love it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56128

Small detailing on the blackfoot body /
Attachments:

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56135

Nice BlackFoot there Sting. The classic pickup, probably with a V8. Now what do the pollution laws say about that?

And now my Miata is smoothened and ready for paint.

.. and, I've now gone somewhere I promised myself never to go. The glow engine. Speaking of air pollution, I love the smell of exhaust fumes, of any kind.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Pintom

Last edit: by uncletom.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56136

:lol:
You're right Tom. nitro fumes are like a drug. Addictive. And the sound......

The BF is forbidden anywhere here. Especially by my bank :D

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56137

I really want a Miata body. Is it a small , medium or long Mchassis wheelebase?

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56172

I don't have any Tamiya nitro engines, but I own 2x HPI Savage X 4.1 with the Force engine.
So easy to tune and when I swapped to a tuned exhaust the difference was like night and day.
Also running on 30% nitro made it a lot easyer to tune and it runs so much faster and better.
It can idle all day long without stumble.

I change plugs and fuel lines every year to be sure it runs at it should, it's cheap to change to.

One thing I do not do is to after run oil, that just makes things sticky and gooey if it stands for a long time.
My rigs is also in room temp all the time which helps to preseve things.

For each season I just fit a new plug and new fuel lines and it starts right up.
Does wheelies with ease.

Both vehicles was bought new by a friend of mine and was given to me for free as he and his son had no place or time to run them.
They were both slow and a bit sluggish as they both were run in but not tuned.
After I watched the HPI tuning video for the Savage it was like 2 new engines.
I recomend everyone to watch that video if you have any kind of nitro engine in your vehicles.

Think both my rigs was bought in 2006, so service your engine and you will have them for years.
Just need a one way bearing and spur and clutchbell, and I can play again :)

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56174

I used 20 25% nitro in all my engines.
The fuel absorbs moisture it need to be replace after 1 year max.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56197

The M-04M configuration for the Miata is 225 mm wheelbase. Using the F3 and F4 parts elongates it to 239 mm. A shorter 210 mm option is not possible.

And thanks Caprinut for all info. Yes, servicing is key when it comes to fuel engines, just like with real automobiles. So I shouldn't spray that Tamiya "Engine Treatment spray" into the air intake once I stop driving for the day? Tamiya says it's necessary, that I should remove the glow plug and the air filter. They say that I should clean the engine after each run. Seems kind of tedious, especially for a lazy guy like myself.

By now my TG10 is ready and rockin, just not rolling yet as I have no fuel, and I'm still waiting for my starter kit and refueling bottle.

Attachments:

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56198

I never cleaned my engines after runs. And they are always in working order. You just need to empty the tank.
Thanks for miata infos.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56202

Today I made a new motor diplay :y:

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Manotas, stingray-63, AndyAus, koenc, Pintom

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.