Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 6 days ago #65720

Yes Stingray, I put the little stubby bar in that goes through the large diff and it goes into each axle. I will check it and try another I have in my screw box incase it is worn. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 6 days ago #65725

Maybe a gravel between 2 teeth. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 5 days ago #65730

Bought center punch and some rulers so I can start on some chassis builds..
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 5 days ago #65732

I will check for that Stingray, I plan on taking the gears out and cleaning the grease off to check them.  I can get a complete inner set for 4.99 so not a massive expense. 
Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 3 years 5 days ago #65733

Yesss lee. Clean them in white spirit and a brush. That's a fast and safe method.

What did you do today? 3 years 5 days ago #65734

Sounds good Caprinut, Looking forward to seeing what you create. 

I'm doing measuring with some U shape aluminium for chassis rails and I have flat bar and L shape to fabricate any brackets. I've ordered a pair of "carbon" chassis rails to see how the shapes need to go. I may be able to fabricate them from aluminium once I know where screw holes go etc.. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

What did you do today? 3 years 5 days ago #65735

Again repaired my son's Traxxas: After a rear CVD during his first week-end of use, he did broke one of the front wishbones last week-end. Took me 5 minutes to repair once the parts was supplied.
Lessons learned :
  • more power means more crashes and more broken parts, need to find the way to activate the training mode on my son's Slash
  • the repair itself took 5 minutes. 2 minutes to locate the screws and 3 minutes to act. I was quite surprised by this, but it's really well done for maintenance purpose. The CVD replacement was not really longer than this as well.
I don't really like RTR, but this chassis seems very well thought. Than being said, as someone asked privately to put pics of my VXL 4WD Slash and I don't see myself creating a thread for it, I took pictures of it and will put them here

I did bought a battery specifically for this one as the VXL3S is rated for 200A continuous and 320A max... So better to have a proper Lipo with high discharge rate. It's plenty of power, and relatively easy to manage with the TSM receiver (Gyro included), but I did not used the TSM receiver for long, I replaced it with a Flysky FS-BS6 which is also having a gyro included but can be more finely managed and it works perfectly. I've read many comments in the past on internet saying the Traxxas servos are crap, but I'm thinking it is actually not the case: i got a stone located next to the servo during the week-end and if I didn't noticed, I would have broken the servo since the servo saver is not located directly on the servo itslef, and that the servo horn is actually quite exposed (pic below). There is room for improvement to protect the servo. The LCG chassis got this covered, but I don't really intend to switch to a LCG chassis... Will have to consider ways to do this with some printed parts, maybe...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 5 days ago #65736

It's nice when it's new. Mine has lot of run and accident. My daughter's dog ate the body. I have 2 holes in the body....
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 5 days ago #65737

it's mine. Before the exploded slipper.
the body was new...
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 3 years 5 days ago #65739

One thing I didn't like is that there was bubbles under the stickers... But I really don't care. Plan is to get another body (heavy duty version, and to paint it to my taste)....

Beside this, RTR is good for open, put a battery and bash it. It is definitely done for this. and since I didn't build it, I won't care neither. And it is easy to repair and parts are easily available...

And I still prefer some Kyosho or Tamiya kits...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.