Keyword

TOPIC:

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67158

• RLine
  • RLine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Generally good idea but first you need to have the money and second the same opinion as the seller...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67160

A hug for a 959 or celica grb. :D

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67161

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Unfortunately no. That would have been an eye catcher, I would not have missed it if it would be there.

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67163

Try to buy the total lot for 500€. Including boxes etc. It could be interesting for the seller to sale all in one time. I lost an opportunity some years ago and bought only half of the lot. I regret now.

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67198

I saw one of those (the model, with a tank, couldn't tell you which one) in the flesh a while back, but painted much better TBH, in a basic desert/tan ... not particularly imposing in size, but the level of detail (and the investment :blink:) was impressive :y: Speed was very scale & it looked like a real one, just far away :)

I've got this one.  The typical problem pairing military trucks with tanks is that the standard RC military truck scale is 1/12 while the tanks tend to be 1/16 so they look too small next to the trucks.  This truck and trailer are from Cross RC at 1/12.  The Tamiya Leopard 2A6 looked ridiculous in it and way too small so I found this 3D printed T-72 to use instead.  Not RC, but looks good on the trailer.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, RLine, jord001

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67201

Awesome road train 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67202

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
I am not sure that the Robbe Panther 6x6 and 8x8 chassis are 1:12. Hard to find reliable information about those models but some builds I found were titled with 1:16. at the end I have only verbal information that the Leopard fits on the Trailer. I need to check it when all the models are in my place….if…
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67477

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Somewhere here in the forum there was kind of guide how to get hardened ballons removed of shocks or battery cases. Can somebody give me the link, I cannot find it by search. Thx

Last edit: by RLine.

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67478

Somewhere here in the forum there was kind of guide how to get hardened ballons removed of shocks or battery cases. Can somebody give me the link, I cannot find it by search. Thx

I don't remember any sort of guide, more that several people (including me) have had to do it. The problem isn't so much where the balloons (or "Rubber bags" :whistle:) have dried out (it which case just break the bits off), it's where they're now a thick tar like substance.

My advice, wear gloves (like blue nitrile) & expect to have to change them several times, pull off what you can & use some sort of automotive sticky stuff remover (I'm using Detailed Online Tar & Glue Remover for stuff like this ATM) or one of the milder solvents (like Isopropanol) on tissue, rag or cotton buds & gradually work away at the remains.

:)

tamiyabase.com/..._snafu.jpg

Nice collection ahead... 2 years 9 months ago #67479

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
ah, sorry, than I was wrong and probably mixed it up with a picture of dried out balloon around a Rx battery box. Ok, the I will try to get it off somehow. Thx

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.