Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What are you listening to? 11 years 10 months ago #9542

I've pretty much exhausted my album collection (must be 800+) by listening too much, it's all been getting a bit dull, so to expand my horizons (and my broadband usage ;) ) a bit I've turned to internet radio. Today I have been mostly listening to Sky.fm movies soundtracks, along with a bit of BBC Radio 4 & Classic FM. Right now I'm listening to Kiss FM Trance - As Jeremy Factsman said in Human Traffic - "What's your name? What've you had? Reach for the lasers - safe as badword" :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What are you listening to? 11 years 10 months ago #9587

Not much of a radio listener myself but I do like music a lot.
From the slowest "crap" through trance up to metal. Got some favourite classical too.
But nothing beats a brilliant acoustic session.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: What are you listening to? 11 years 10 months ago #9605

I'll listen to pretty much anything except jazz & country (This causes psychotic behaviour towards whoever's playing it. It makes me feel physically sick!).
It's funny, but there's some music that's definately better as background noise whilst fixing stuff, & it's normally not the sort of music I'd prefer to be listening to.
Enjoy some dance & trance, enjoy some Pink Floyd, Metallica, Judas priest, Maiden & others. Don't like thrash, don't like "College music" (Sum 41, Green Day etc).
Fav at the mo is Chase & Status - Blind Faith.
Like Jonny says though, listened to everything I own & bored of it. Need some new stuff

Re: What are you listening to? 11 years 10 months ago #9611

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, but only till the sun stopped shining :blink:

Re: What are you listening to? 11 years 10 months ago #9624

I'll listen to pretty much anything except jazz & country (This causes psychotic behaviour towards whoever's playing it. It makes me feel physically sick!).
It's funny, but there's some music that's definately better as background noise whilst fixing stuff, & it's normally not the sort of music I'd prefer to be listening to.
Enjoy some dance & trance, enjoy some Pink Floyd, Metallica, Judas priest, Maiden & others. Don't like thrash, don't like "College music" (Sum 41, Green Day etc).
Fav at the mo is Chase & Status - Blind Faith.
Like Jonny says though, listened to everything I own & bored of it. Need some new stuff

I have a bit of a problem with jazz too - so much of it seems to be a demonstration of a musicians "virtousity" rather than any attempt to carry a tune or even follow a rhythm. While I enjoy some jazz, I think it most cases the musicians should be told that if they want to badword off, they should go to the bathroom instead :angry:

Country too - there are aspects of it I enjoy, but it's hard to love a genre that includes Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart" :sick:

I don't think there's any one genre I can say I have an adverse reaction to, apart from maybe "baroque" classical ... but there is one thing I really, really hate - and that's solo violion pieces - IMO it's simply _not_ a solo instrument - they really need to be told, through a bullhorn, preferably, "STEP AWAY FROM THE BOW AND PUT THE GUTS BACK IN THE CAT" :evil:

Re: What are you listening to? 11 years 10 months ago #9635

Will the cats still work if you put the guts back in?
I'm guessing the hatred of country for me has come from supressed memories of being made to do country dancing at school. Although quite scary, I do find rednecks (Locals) quite entertaining & I can think of a few of their other hobbies I'd quite fancy a go at

Re: What are you listening to? 11 years 10 months ago #9749

Last edit: by waterbok.

What are you listening to? 9 years 7 months ago #30129

Yep, it's drama pop from the eighties. :silly:

But it's rather excellent, I think (and I gotta say the girl is looking mighty cute still).

What are you listening to? 9 years 7 months ago #30130

Whoever said it was a musically uninspired decade...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.