Keyword

TOPIC:

has anybody seen this before ? please help 10 years 10 months ago #22002

;) Now it is a rarity. Most of first grasshoppers are recycled in pullover or other tupperware :silly:
The following user(s) Liked this: biggamehunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

has anybody seen this before ? please help 10 years 10 months ago #22003

I know why it is off roader stamped on your chassis. It is a very early version. The late version have a hole for the front body mount for the hornet

I think that's spot on. It can never have been a long run before they realised they needed a bit of adjustment for the Hornet. :y:
Now the question is indeed - how rare exactly...
Btw, vintage-tamiyaparts is showing the same chassis on one of their pics :

:)

Last edit: by Edou.

has anybody seen this before ? please help 10 years 10 months ago #22007

hahahhahahaaha stingray , and outstanding post edou the GH was first released on 14 may 1984 , and the hornet on 9 october 1984 , minus the adjustments to the chassis , which would take aprox 6-8 weeks before release would leave a period of 4 months or less after first release ? does this sound correct guys?

has anybody seen this before ? please help 10 years 10 months ago #22010

It might go batch-wise, usually they don't produce continuously but do a bunch at a time.
Possibly on the second batch (I don't see much time for many more) they adjusted it for the Hornet already...

Great stuff to figure out. :)

Last edit: by Edou.

has anybody seen this before ? please help 10 years 10 months ago #22011

It might go batch-wise, usually they don't produce continuously but do a bunch at a time.
Possibly on the second batch (I don't see much time for many more) they adjusted it for the Hornet already...

Great stuff to figure out. :)

thanks greatly for all your help , so there is a mk1 and mk2 grasshopper , !!!! :y: you heared it here first lol :lol:

has anybody seen this before ? please help 10 years 10 months ago #22012

:) I don't know if it was in 1984 but now Tamiya works in "flux tendu". The storage room is empty every night. Maybe tamiya produced a first serial of grass and developped new mold for the hornet or modified the original in few monthes?

has anybody seen this before ? please help 10 years 10 months ago #22013

:) I don't know if it was in 1984 but now Tamiya works in "flux tendu". The storage room is empty every night. Maybe tamiya produced a first serial of grass and developped new mold for the hornet or modified the original in few monthes?

great info , im glad its sorted out though , just a bit more to discover now :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.