Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Holiday Buggy clone? 10 years 9 months ago #22434

I picked this up from an old friend who used to own a hobby shop for over 40 years. The car was handed in for repairs, but never collected. He since sold the shop, but still has allot of stuff at home.

I can't seem to find any Tamiya branding on it. Allot of the parts do look like Tamiya, but allot doesn't. Is this a Tamiya clone or some kind of QD? How old is it really? Any info would be helpful!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Holiday Buggy clone? 10 years 9 months ago #22435

No idea who made it or when, but I've seen several of these before ... most of them when I stumbled across an online photo album of someone's collection in a variaty of colours - red, blue, black & white at least, there might have been more. Yours looks to have been badly affected by UV.

:)

Holiday Buggy clone? 10 years 9 months ago #22436

You are right. UV has almost killed this, but there is a good chance that I can get the color back. The shell is not made of ABS, but a more durable polyethylene based plastic. The front and rear ends looks and feels solid and not cheap at all, but the chassis is cheap and nasty. He has had it for about 10-12 years as far as he can remember. He has sold his shop over 9 years ago and the car was stored at his house ever since.

Holiday Buggy clone? 10 years 9 months ago #22437

:unsure: An idea in the sky... Why not a marui or a lost academy??????

Holiday Buggy clone? 10 years 9 months ago #22444

I am not done yet. I have to re visit him again. There might be other hidden treasures. I also found an old Airfix slotcar set and a few HO scale buildings all sealed in their packets. He has allot of airplane parts, but also some COX parts. I just need to check my COX Beach Buggy to see what I still need.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.